California Moto Roads - All Of Them

^^:thumbup
thanks for the heads-up about Merced Falls Rd repaving! :ride

here's a random road, getting ready to head up towards Gold Lake Hwy next weekend with my fishing pole, on my way to the BARF Hoho Midsummer Magic Weaverville Rally the following weekend:

picture.php

Butcher Ranch Road, Sierra City to Gold Lake Campground, unpaved. Google Map.

Updated in the OP.

Last edited:
^^:thumbup
thanks for the heads-up about Merced Falls Rd repaving! :ride

here's a random road, getting ready to head up towards Gold Lake Hwy next weekend with my fishing pole, on my way to the BARF Hoho Midsummer Magic Weaverville Rally the following weekend:

picture.php

Butcher Ranch Road, Sierra City to Gold Lake Campground, unpaved. Google Map.

Updated in the OP.

:thumbup Just came past there Tuesday on the return from my trip up north.

Paving is complete on Merced Falls road. Still a little green, and no lines yet, but very ridable.

Just back, 7/26. Road repaved, and new yellow lines. Ready to ride.

Last edited:
Baldhills Road between Weitchpec and Orick. Pavement is absolutely excellent from Weitchpec to near the summit where it briefly turns to gravel before entering the back side of Redwood National Park. The pavement within the park is kinda meh but that climb out of Weitchpec will not be forgotten I guarantee it

I recommend going West
Google Maps

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 3
Agreed. The west side pavement is very choppy and bumpy, but the east side, beyond the dirt section is very good. It's not a bad ride going DOWN the east side either, but it's definitely 'funner' to go up.
There is also a Native American Veterans facility/memorial on the east side that I have been meaning to visit.

Baldhills Road between Weitchpec and Orick. Pavement is absolutely excellent from Weitchpec to near the summit where it briefly turns to gravel before entering the back side of Redwood National Park. The pavement within the park is kinda meh but that climb out of Weitchpec will not be forgotten I guarantee it

I recommend going West
Google Maps

Thank you! A flagger told us about this road when we were riding 96 back in May. I've been wanting to check it out. :ride

Mormon Emigrant Trail, Sly Park to Shot Rock Vista Overlook. google map link. paved.

picture.php

idk, this might be a repost. awesome road. did it about a month ago, to get from a StonyBARF to the BARF rally in Hawthorne, NV. :ride

Back