California Moto Roads - All Of Them

Titus Canyon Road, Nevada to Scotty’s Castle Road, unpaved. Google Map.
[link in OP]

20161010-213918.jpg

20161014-194515.jpg

:ride

just getting Palomar Mountain with these links (all appear to be the same link)? :dunno:thumbup

Wow...what idiot did these?

So Cal Classics.

Angeles Crest Google Maps
Mulholland Hwy Google Maps
Highway 33 in Ojai Google Maps
Palomar Mountain Google Maps
Julian, Ca, a popular "destination" ride. Google Maps
Highway 74 Google Maps
Azusa Canyon/Glendora Mtn Road. (I have not ridden this in some time.)Google Maps

There, those should work. If you take note of Julian, there's all sorts of bendy roads radiating from it.

I also updated the Ojai map. It still routes around Hwy 33, but it should be obvious the part I'm talking about.

Wow...what idiot did these?

:laughing:thumbup

I manage to do that a lot, keep pasting an old link because I've forgotten to cut and paste the new link I actually want. :rolleyes:angel

So Cal Classics.

Angeles Crest Hwy 2, La Cañada Flintridge to Wrightwood. Google Maps
Mulholland Hwy, Hwy 1 to Hwy 27/Topanga Cnyn Road. Google Maps.
Highway 33/Maricopa Hwy, Ojai to Lockwood Valley Road. Google Maps
Palomar Mountain, Nate Harrison Grade/Hwy 76 to S Grade Road/Hwy 76. Google Maps
Julian, Ramona/Hwy 78 to Julian, a popular "destination" ride. Google Maps.
Highway 74, San Juan Capistrano to Lake Elsinore. Google Maps
Azusa Canyon/Glendora Mtn Road, Azusa/Hwy 39 to E Fork Road to Glendora Mtn Road/Glendora. (I have not ridden this in some time.)
Google Maps

There, those should work. If you take note of Julian, there's all sorts of bendy roads radiating from it.

I also updated the Ojai map. It still routes around Hwy 33, but it should be obvious the part I'm talking about.

cool roads, thanks. I've added them to the OP--along with some start and end points for each map link, for Mr flying_hun. I managed to close the gap on Hwy 33/Ojai by clicking the bicycle icon, w00t! :ride

Thanks for all the contributions! Thanks to you, John for updating the OP. I was settling in to do a bunch of work on this today, and you've already done it. :hail

Berth, thanks for updating with end points. The endpoints are key, otherwise we have to go into the map to figure out what's being recommended.

Thanks for all the contributions! Thanks to you, John for updating the OP. I was settling in to do a bunch of work on this today, and you've already done it. :hail

:thumbup

here's another (already updated to OP), learned from the ol' NorCal TT vintage bike ride:

Dog Bar Road, Placer Hills Road to La Barr Meadows. Google Map.

Dog Bar Road is a nice way to avoid Hwy 49 between Auburn and Grass Valley. :ride

dogbar.jpg

here's a way to avoid some of Hwy 80 (in OP):

Placer Hills Road/Tokayana Way, I-80/Clipper Gap to Coalfax. Google Map.

CA Hwy 174/Coalfax Highway, Calfax to Grass Valley. Google Map.

Brunswick Road, Cedar Crest/Hwy 174 to Glenbrook/Hwy 20/49. Google Map.

Foote Crossing Road, Hwy 49/Birchfield Rd to Alleghany. mixed/gnarly 4x4 dirt. Google Map.
(Foote Crossing Road on dangerousroads.com)

[all map links in this post already added to OP]

Last edited:
I forgot an important one:
The Center of the Universe. Hwy36 and Hwy3 intersection.
https://goo.gl/maps/me9ciSs4EbfZ9BYVA

:thumbup

it really is an awesome part of the world! :gsxrgrl
here’s a few in the Center of the Universe that I like:

Plummer Lookout Road, Peanut/Hwy 3 to Plummer Peak, unpaved. Google Map.

Tule Creek Road/Limedyke Lookout Road, Hayfork to Limedyke Mountain, unpaved. Google Map.

Big Creek Rd/Hayfork Bally, Hayfork to FR 16 to the watchtower, mixed. Google Map.

picture.php

Hayfork Bally watchtower …

Old Hwy 36/Rattlesnake/Lower Rattlesnake Road, Peanut/Hwy 3 to Hwy 36, mixed. Google Map.

Harrison Gulch/Deer Lick Knob/Deerlick Springs Road, Hwy 36 to Hwy 3, unpaved. Google Map.

Hyampom Road, Hayfork to Hyampom. Google Map.

Cypress Mountain Drive, Klau Mine Rd to Santa Rosa Creek Rd, unpaved. Google Map.

Santa Rosa Creek Road, Cambria to Green Valley Rd/Hwy 46. Google Map.

Old Creek Road, Cayucos to Green Valley Rd/Hwy 46. Google Map.

[links posted in OP]

Last edited:
Starting to put them in a spreadsheet. Each region has its own tab. This tab corresponds to the North Bay. The columns are:

• Road name
  • Endpoint A
  • Endpoint B
  • Surface (Paved, Unpaved, Mixed)
  • Google Map link

Loads of work ahead, and the format may change, but this allows one to search for the road name, or sort/filter on endpoints, or sort/filter on surface.

You can see there are lots of roads yet to be added.

Attachments

• moto roads spreadsheet.png
    moto roads spreadsheet.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 22
Coalinga-Los Gatos Creek Road, Hwy 25 to South Derrick Rd, paved. Google Map.

Preachtree/Indian Valley Road, Hwy 198/25 to San Miguel. Google Map.

Parkfield Grade/Parkfield-Coalinga Road, Parkfield Junction/Hwy 198 to Parkfield. Google Map.

(links added to OP)

Cassel, CA. to Fall River Mills. A snake with elevation changes and perfect pavement! Google Map

Cassel, CA. to Fall River Mills. A snake with elevation changes and perfect pavement! Google Map

I’m digging Cassel Fall River Road, gonna try to find it in August when I head up to Ms two wheel tramp’s End of Pavement Rally in Cedarville. thanks for the heads-up! :thumbup:ride

Suprise Valley Road, Nevada border/Hwy 447 to Oregon border, paved. Google Map.

Blue Lake Road, Menlo Baths/Co Rte 1/FR 42 to Likely/Hwy 395, unpaved. Google Map.

[links added to OP]

picture.php

above Menlo Baths/Suprise Valley Road on FR 42, with Mr @m0t0_ryder and Mr @CrazyCooter …

Last edited:
Old Stage Road, NV border/Hwy 338/Hwy 182 to Belfort to Mt Patterson, unpaved high-clearance, oh sh*t 4x4. 5636' elevation gain in 10.2 miles, or average 10% grade. Map Link.

at 11,697, Mt Patterson is our fifth-highest dirt road in CA. :ride
from our BARF Adventure Riding Highest Roads in California thread.

Burcham Flat Road, Hwy 395/Fales Hot Springs to Hwy 395/Walker, unpaved. Google Map.

Buckeye Road, Hwy 395 to Twin Lakes Road, unpaved. Google Map.

[links added to OP]

Sorry, been offline for a bit. Traveling mixed with tech issues. Oh well. :dunno

Here's a new to me goat trail. I may have ridden it once before with EyeHeartPasta more than a decade back, but I'm not sure. The road name changes.

Guasanillo Way - Granite Springs Rd - Blanchard Rd - Marshes Flat Rd., Hwy 132 to Hwy 49, Paved. Google Map

It's paved, but the northern portion is pretty bombed out. Gorgeous countryside with no traffic.

While we're at it:

Old Toll Rd, Hwy 49 to Hornitos Road. Paved. Google Map

Hornitos Rd. Old Toll Rd to Merced Falls Rd. Paved. Google Map

Merced Falls Rd. Hornitos Rd to Hwy 132. Paved. Google Map

Updated in the OP

Last edited:
Guasanillo Way - Granite Springs Rd - Blanchard Rd - Marshes Flat Rd., Hwy 132 to Hwy 49, Paved. Google Map

It's paved, but the northern portion is pretty bombed out. Gorgeous countryside with no traffic.

that is a beautiful little way to get to La Grange. we call it Kelly Grade.
always get the ZZ Top song stuck in my head.

La Grange Road/J59, Snelling to Hwy 120/108, paved. Google Map.
updated in OP.

thread needs some suggested road tunes, maybe:

youtu.be/SE1xO44FlME

:ride

Last edited:
Suisun Valley/Wooden Valley Road, Cordelia to Hwy 121, paved. Google Map.

Monticello Road, Trancas Street Historic Bribge to Hey 128, paved. Google Map.

Capell Valley Road, Moscowite Corner to Turtle Rock, paved. Google Map.

(links added to OP)

Sorry, been offline for a bit. Traveling mixed with tech issues. Oh well. :dunno

Here's a new to me goat trail. I may have ridden it once before with EyeHeartPasta more than a decade back, but I'm not sure. The road name changes.

While we're at it:

Old Toll Rd, Hwy 49 to Hornitos Road. Paved. Google Map

Hornitos Rd. Old Toll Rd to Merced Falls Rd. Paved. Google Map

Merced Falls Rd. Hornitos Rd to Hwy 132. Paved. Google Map

Updated in the OP

FYI, Merced Falls road is in the process of major pavement work with long delays during the week, and lots of new pavement debris. Probably should be avoided for now.

7/26 Just back. Road repaved, and yellow lined. Ready to ride.

Last edited:
Back