• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

i have no idea why i think that ^^ comic is so awesome

don__t_think____feel_by_invisiblepredator-d506eb7.jpg

best buy is opening at 6pm thanksgiving day tho. i doubt there will be many campers after that.

We should all boycott Best Buy for shit like that. Why can't they let Black Friday actually start on FRIDAY?! No, instead let's have our employees have to cut their Thanksgiving short to go into work. This is nonsense and we need to stop it.

Who is with me?! :mad

We should all boycott Best Buy for shit like that. Why can't they let Black Friday actually start on FRIDAY?! No, instead let's have our employees have to cut their Thanksgiving short to go into work. This is nonsense and we need to stop it.

look at it this way;

best buy is a retail dinosaur. it has become the place where people go to play with electronics so they can go home and buy the same thing for cheaper off of amazon.com. this is their last ditch effort to compete with business models like that. we dont have to put up with ruthless retail tactics for much longer because within the next few years, retail boutiques like best buy will go the way of the dodo bird

For the same reason, stores start throwing out holiday decorations MONTHS before it hits.

Fuck retail.

look at it this way;

best buy is a retail dinosaur. it has become the place where people go to play with electronics so they can go home and buy the same thing for cheaper off of amazon.com. this is their last ditch effort to compete with business models like that. we dont have to put up with ruthless retail tactics for much longer because within the next few years, retail boutiques like best buy will go the way of the dodo bird

Not until Amazon starts offering same day service. Only local stores can do that and when I'm buying appliances, I don't want to wait for Amazon to ship it. And if there's something wrong with it, I don't want to deal with their return policy. Best Buy will simply come pick it up.

look at it this way;

I hope you're wrong. As a dinosaur of 30 years, I still appreciate being able to walk into a store and walk out with the item I went in for. Can't do that with Amazon.

BB gets no Black Friday action from me.

In the days of photoshopped advertisements, retail will never completely go away for me. I like to see something up close and personal before I purchase, be it online or otherwise. If BB didn't jack their prices up 30% above everyone else's to begin with, they'd get a lot more business from me. But when I go to look at something and it's still 10% more than anything online and that's with a 15% off military discount, I get turned off pretty quickly.

In the days of photoshopped advertisements, retail will never completely go away for me. I like to see something up close and personal before I purchase, be it online or otherwise. If BB didn't jack their prices up 30% above everyone else's to begin with, they'd get a lot more business from me. But when I go to look at something and it's still 10% more than anything online and that's with a 15% off military discount, I get turned off pretty quickly.

I wonder if people would pay more online for instant shipping and a tactile 3D experience... Probably :laughing

Shipping's really not the issue for me. If I'm shopping for something at BB, it's not something that's needed urgently. I may WANT something urgently, like an HDMI cable or something minor, but 9/10 times it can wait if the online price (including shipping) works out to be substantially cheaper than the physical location price. I'm not gonna quibble over a $20 cable that I found online for $12+$6 shipping, but if the closest store that has that cable is a 20 min drive away then that factors in as well. Gas, traffic, time that could be spent doing other things.

YMMV.

IBut when I go to look at something and it's still 10% more than anything online and that's with a 15% off military discount, I get turned off pretty quickly.

On the other hand if you find a cheaper price online simply print out the page and take it to their Customer Service desk - they'll match the price! I've done that several times over the years.

Of course, some of that mark up might be because, of, I don't know, having to pay for retail space, and cashiers, and inventory, and...

Back