• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

ON one hand owning a castle would be cool. On the other hand if you live in a castle, you probably live somewhere shitty. I am guessing not close to anything, somewhere in the European countryside. Second, it is a fucking castle. I am guessing central heat/air is out of the question. Indoor plumbing? Internet? You need a fucking staff to keep the place up. Also, hey 40-60 of my friends, fly to wherever and party with me once every other year, maybe...

Hey gurl, you want to come back to my castle? Let's get in my car and drive an hour and a half, or maybe fly, then drive. Next thing you know you'll be a hermit and trying desperately to get on some reality tv show called, marry a castle owner or some shit. Truthfully those NY apartments will get you laid a hell of a lot more.

:laughing

Honestly if I am going to own a very expensive house I want it to be close to an urban center. If I want to live in the middle of nowhere something much more modest would suffice.

Last edited:
Yes, but who would want to be all. "Hey baby. Want to come back to my place? It's a castle. ;) It's just 12 hours away. No? But it's an Fing castle! You have to work on Monday? I can have you back by then. Just a 12 hour flight, then we'll get it on, then you can do the flight of shame home and be back for work! Awwww, come on!"

My thoughts exactly. :laughing

R0c7bJT.jpg

I wish people would stop quoting this big ass picture :laughing

Location, location, location.

and massive multipliers for proximity to:
- starbucks and coffee shops
- crackheads and dealers
- graffiti
- urine smells in the streets
- hipster douchebags who lurk at coffeeshops because they are too cheap to have internet at home or just to pose because they have no job, piss in the streets late at night, think graffiti is art and give change to crackheads
- 100x multiplier when you reach saturation on of all of the above.

Last edited:
ON one hand owning a castle would be cool. On the other hand if you live in a castle, you probably live somewhere shitty. I am guessing not close to anything, somewhere in the European countryside...

Touraine is located in the Loire Valley. Basically the Napa Valley of France. It is beautiful and only 2 hours outside of Paris. Dordogne is in the Southern countryside of france, but in a great wine producing region that is more rural, but also beautiful, the people are warm, and has a lot more to offer than someplace rural in California would. So you're kinda wrong.

Touraine is located in the Loire Valley. Basically the Napa Valley of France. It is beautiful and only 2 hours outside of Paris. Dordogne is in the Southern countryside of france, but in a great wine producing region that is more rural, but also beautiful, the people are warm, and has a lot more to offer than someplace rural in California would. So you're kinda wrong.

I realize this is all opinion, so simply saying I am wrong is kind of subjective. To the rest of the points I made, it would all depend on what the castle was actually like. Again, if I am going to have a place that far out, to me a castle isn't something I would want. Perhaps just me...

If someone offered me right now a 2 million dollar apartment in NY or SF, or a castle in Europe, I would probably choose the apartment.

Firstly, I would probably prefer to live in the apartment at this point in my life close to where I could find work.

Second it would be MUCH easier to sell. Then, I could probably buy something more modest in a location I preferred.

Third, keeping up a regular apt/house is going to be MUCH less money than a castle and castle grounds.

Fourth, WTF do you even do with all that space? Would like to visit a room I never use? OK let's go. Cool isn't it, don't touch anything. Or the alternative, Yeah I could only afford to furnish 10%of my house.

I feel exactly the opposite
Again, personal preference, and I understand. To me I would rather have a bunch of land (not necessarily manicured gardens), with garages and workshops. :laughing Places to ride a dirtbike etc.

Last edited:
Yes, but who would want to be all. "Hey baby. Want to come back to my place? It's a castle. ;) It's just 12 hours away. No? But it's an Fing castle! You have to work on Monday? I can have you back by then. Just a 12 hour flight, then we'll get it on, then you can do the flight of shame home and be back for work! Awwww, come on!"

Your argument is invalid cos I would have a fucking castle. :twofinger

Get rejected? Castle.
Got a speeding ticket? Castle.
Wreck your bike? Plenty of time to cry about it in your Castle. Go shoot some watermelons from the parapets with a sniper rifle or something. :laughing

Last edited:
Your argument is invalid cos I would have a fucking castle. :twofinger

Get rejected? Castle.
Got a speeding ticket? Castle.
Wreck your bike? Plenty of time to cry about it in your Castle. Go shoot some watermelons from the parapets with a sniper rifle or something. :laughing

Ok, You have a castle. A castle and a hump on your back. :p enjoy your private.

Back