• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

Last edited:
:rofl

1186733_640924302637518_818044217_n.jpg

:laughing

On a different note, I just received this in my inbox...

All, new guidance on OER/NCOER comments.

1) HRC Evaluations Branch reminds leaders that, IAW Army Directive 2013-20
and
MILPER 13-306 (attached), any evaluation (i.e. OER, NCOER, AER) with a
"FROM" date of 28 September 2013 or later will include mandatory comments
addressing how the rated individual met the commitments of fostering
climates of dignity and respect and on adhering to the principles of the
Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention (SHARP) Program in their
daily activities
. Furthermore, raters and senior raters will document on
evaluations any substantiated finding in an Army or Department of Defense
investigation or inquiry, that an officer or NCO: committed an act of sexual
harassment or sexual assault, on or off duty; or failed to respond to, or
report a sexual harassment or assault of which he or she had knowledge; or,
retaliated against a person making a complaint or report of sexual
harassment or sexual assault.

These are mandated in the comments box on the first page. Ya know, the box that has room for about 3 lines, and that usually contains stuff like "personal lifestyle epitomizes the total NCO" "displays the highest level of integrity, loyalty and selfless service" "never hesitates to offer advice; loyal to final decisions" "uses leadership skills to employ individual differences to strengthen the section"...and now one line will be mandatorily dedicated to saying you haven't sexually harassed anyone lately.

About a year or two ago I got pulled aside by a female EO rep and told that because I dropped a few F bombs in a casual conversation with a buddy that she overheard, the word fuck could be construed in a sexual manner if any females overheard it and that it could therefore be a valid EO complaint. :|

Last edited:
The comments block on the first page of DA 2166-8 is plenty big enough. You just have to keep the bullet sizes small and the font small. I don't recall there being a mandatory font size required.

The comments block on the first page of DA 2166-8 is plenty big enough. You just have to keep the bullet sizes small and the font small. I don't recall there being a mandatory font size required.

Can't change font size at all that I recall. Haven't done one in a while but there's a bunch of stupid requirements for filling that block in like using a lowercase "o" instead of a "-", double spacing everything, etc. Double spacing + bullet items + chain of command that consistently insists on no condensed/combined bullets = limited space to put what you want. Sure you can write a long sentence laterally but it better all be related to the same thing or it's gotta be a new bullet. Which means double spacing and then starting a new line.

Last edited:
"photo, photo, photo, . . . . "

:rofl

The video is just as awesome:
[youtube]N1sjF-8ZOEY[/youtube]

Last edited:
Can't change font size at all that I recall. Haven't done one in a while but there's a bunch of stupid requirements for filling that block in like using a lowercase "o" instead of a "-", double spacing everything, etc.

I think the difference is filling it out in PureEdge vs FormFlow. Most of the comments NCOs place in that section are just cut and paste bullshit anyway. I rarely saw peers filling out their NCOERs with any sort of purpose. It was usually just a means of checking the block as it were. :thumbdown

I think the difference is filling it out in PureEdge vs FormFlow. Most of the comments NCOs place in that section are just cut and paste bullshit anyway. I rarely saw peers filling out their NCOERs with any sort of purpose. It was usually just a means of checking the block as it were. :thumbdown

Or LotusForms, or now it's a web app and not any of those. And yeah it's definitely checking the box shit which is what bugs me even more when people want to play stupid games with mine.

I use to screw with my junior NCOs by asking to see their 2166-8-1 forms....since I know none of them would use them. They're honestly the best way to ensure you have something legitimate to write in the NCOER.

Back