• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

995849_813158778698488_1962795049_n.jpg

Were do you think they learn to play like that?

Every school in Sweden and Finland has a music program. Everyone. A super good one too. Then it's dark and cold half the year so they just thrash all day.

In Finland and Sweden, middle aged women listen to metal.

What metal actually is, is affluent kids.

I think it has less to do with music aptitude and more to do with a more common acceptance of metal there. America has too much of a prevailing mainstream culture, top40 crap gets shoved down our throats. Who listens to metal? Weird people. :laughing

I blame Turbonegro.

turbo1.jpg

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I think it has less to do with music aptitude and more to do with a more common acceptance of metal there. America has too much of a prevailing mainstream culture, top40 crap gets shoved down our throats. Who listens to metal? Weird people. :laughing

:rofl:rofl:rofl

true, but I dont think you realize (maybe you do) just how prevelant music is in sweden and finland. I have swedish family, my sister is married to a swede, and Ive been there several times and in all reality will move there.

EVERYONE in sweden plays an instrument. everyone. I think the actual stat is like 1 in 3 people is proficent with an instrument. music is fostered at an early age, big time. every school has an elaborate progrma if there are more than lke 5 kids who want to play. if its less than 5, the government wil pay not only for the instrument, but to bus the kids to a music tutor.

the point being, whereas americas music scene is about the scene, top 40 crap and the person behind the music, scandanavian music is much more about instrumentation because everyone plays one, and critiques it from that POV. in america if you can strum the 3 cords for knocking on heavens door, youll get pussy for days. in sweden, if you cant drop a 3 min metal solo, people feel bad for you. :laughing

the entire music scene is based on the fact everyone is not only listenng to the music, but listening to how it is played

true, but I dont think you realize (maybe you do) just how prevelant music is in sweden and finland. I have swedish family, my sister is married to a swede, and Ive been there several times and in all reality will move there.

EVERYONE in sweden plays an instrument. everyone. I think the actual stat is like 1 in 3 people is proficent with an instrument. music is fostered at an early age, big time. every school has an elaborate progrma if there are more than lke 5 kids who want to play. if its less than 5, the government wil pay not only for the instrument, but to bus the kids to a music tutor.

the point being, whereas americas music scene is about the scene, top 40 crap and the person behind the music, scandanavian music is much more about instrumentation because everyone plays one, and critiques it from that POV. in america if you can strum the 3 cords for knocking on heavens door, youll get pussy for days. in sweden, if you cant drop a 3 min metal solo, people feel bad for you. :laughing

the entire music scene is based on the fact everyone is not only listenng to the music, but listening to how it is played

as a musician, i find this interesting. its like when i went to see dragonforce and all my friends were going apeshit, and i was just standing there. my buddy asked me if i was having a shitty time and i said "no, im just busy watching these guys play".

for the record, dragonforce is definitely a studio band. pretty terrible live, but to the common know nothing about music, they rocked.

Back