• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

oh my GLOB THIS IS A COMICS THREAD SHUT UPPPPP

Depressing-Comic-Week-2-cyanide-and-happiness-4175182-712-441.jpg

minEnsk.png

Depressing-Comic-Week-4-cyanide-and-happiness-12987074-720-475.jpg

Start using something other than Internet Explorer 6

I use chrome and your last couple depressing comics posts have been just like that. The only way to see them is to paste the URL in the browser. After that they show up, but beforehand they show like the screenshot for any browser.

I use chrome and your last couple depressing comics posts have been just like that. The only way to see them is to paste the URL in the browser. After that they show up, but beforehand they show like the screenshot for any browser.

use Firefox :x

To recap:
"Blue Falcon" is a different term for "Bravo Foxtrot", or "Buddy Fucker". Usually used when someone you work with screws you over to make him/herself look better. Example, when I first joined I worked in the engineroom for a guy (Third Class) who made us clean all day long, non stop. He always said that was what the First Class wanted us to do. I hated the First Class for it. I later learned that the Third Class was making it up, so it made him look better by us always scrubbing. That is a Buddy Fucker.

An E7 and CPO (Navy or Coast Guard) are by definition the same thing. But on the inside, an E7 is a person who carries the rank but hasn't been initiated as a CPO

My experiences with CPO's was mostly negative. I had a handful of good leaders that were CPO's, but it was rare. The vast majority had extreme double standards. They would wear a clean uniform and sip coffee, then bitch at a guy who just came out of the engine room with wrinkles. Or (happened to me) confiscate a CD player as "gear adrift" (it was tied down in my rack), but when my CPO (a good one) met me in the CPO berthing I found dirty boots, mud on the floor, clothing laying around, and fishing poles just leaned up against the bulkhead. I have countless stories from my time E2 to E6 of a CPO being a shit head, but very few of them being good mentors. When you find one, you latch on and learn as much as you can because their experience is golden, being able to get the rank without turning into a shit head. Those guys usually turn around and make CWO and/or LT and keep on going. FYI, you can be a hard ass without being a shit head, two different things. I've worked for CPO's and CWO's who had very high standards, but they set the example themselves, and guided you as needed.

Relevant comic:
cpotoon1.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought it was stupid how the Navy/Coast Guard elevates their senior NCOs to some sort of "God" status. What with the different uniforms, dining facilities and such. It's like they get treated like branch officers when they're really not. The E7s I worked with were always on the tracks or birds with us. The only guys that stood around and drank coffee were E8s and E9s. But it's not like you saw those guys on a regular basis anyway and even then, they wore the same uniform the rest of us did.

Relevant comic:

l.jpg

I always thought it was stupid how the Navy/Coast Guard elevates their senior NCOs to some sort of "God" status.

It is backwards. At E6 you get head of the line priviledges for meals, E7 you go to a different room. The E1 should be first to eat.

pushbuttonmen_custom-b5309d5df6383bf62166cc8c9f7c516731ce752a-s40.jpg

I always thought it was stupid how the Navy/Coast Guard elevates their senior NCOs to some sort of "God" status. What with the different uniforms, dining facilities and such. It's like they get treated like branch officers when they're really not. The E7s I worked with were always on the tracks or birds with us. The only guys that stood around and drank coffee were E8s and E9s. But it's not like you saw those guys on a regular basis anyway and even then, they wore the same uniform the rest of us did.

Relevant comic:

l.jpg

PVT Murphy's got some good comics :laughing used to love reading them in Iraq.

The only combat she's seen is fighting people in the all-you-can eat buffet line.

It was pointed out on Shit My LPO Says page (FB group) that she is wearing a Trident. They are pretty sure she ate Seal Team 6. Or they are recruiting actual seals now. Not sure which.

Back