• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

1375928_10152881137618678_7095857936421703491_n.jpg

If somebody calls you emo and you ignore them/brush it off/don't give a shit, you're not emo.

If somebody calls you emo and you feel the need to correct them precisely (including Wikipedia links!) as to why you are not, well... Sorry, bud.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
-Queen Gertrude

Last edited:
Lol I don't think any of you know what emo means.

I feel bad for any goth, metal head, or other genres of music Abd style because now they're all just lumped in as emo, despite hsving wildly different music tastes and cultural interests

Last edited:
Kevin, I get your point and I agree with it. The issue, however, is that the definition of "emo" has changed and developed considerably since it was first coined, and is no longer a reference to a particular genre of music. Emo folks have been stereotyped as whiny, overly emotional and angst ridden youth. If we use that part of the definition, it fits Abby quite well. At the end of the day, it's all semantics. Kegan's assessment was pretty spot-on, I think.

Lol I don't think any of you know what emo means.

I feel bad for any goth, metal head, or other genres of music Abd style because now they're all just lumped in as emo, despite hsving wildly different music tastes and cultural interests

As a group who's average age is probably over 30, is it really important that we actually know what emo means? Or is yours the standard emo responce, and by not understanding I'm doing exactly what a adult is supposed to do? Wouldn't every emo want us to not understand, cuz if we did it would ruin everything? Its a new way to be depressed, how inventive!

Emo is something immature adolescent people do/are. There, do I get a cookie?

Back