• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

I wouldn't know if mine is the standard emo response as I don't hang out with emo kids.

Prob with "emo" is its become a backhanded insult by people who are just as immature as those they purport to be calling emo. It's just a way of ripping in someone to make yourself feel better

There was a point where emo was a genre of music that had some decent bands, that was kind of an offshoot of other genres of goth like Culuture but with way different demographics and music. Then it became an insult for the over 30 crowd desperately trying to feel relevant as they watched their waists grow, hair recede, and lost touch with new music or knowledge of what's cool lol

1646753.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have any complaints about IKEA, except the nearest one is 2 hours away from me. LOL... I thought the joke was that the employee had to assemble the furniture as part of the interview.. but me? Im a little slow.

I can't stand Ikea. The place creeps me out.

Maybe my Lego experience kicks in, I don't get those complaints either. But then again, I have had to change flat tires for people enough times because they didn't know how, so I am not surprised that they can't read a picture book.

The only issue I have with Ikea is the quality. That said, the quality is certainly on the high side for the price point of most of the items. I see it as being a great place for college students or young families to find stylish, affordable home furnishings. It's kind of the Cycle Gear of home stores, and certainly has a place in the market.

I wouldn't know if mine is the standard emo response as I don't hang out with emo kids.

Prob with "emo" is its become a backhanded insult by people who are just as immature as those they purport to be calling emo. It's just a way of ripping in someone to make yourself feel better

There was a point where emo was a genre of music that had some decent bands, that was kind of an offshoot of other genres of goth like Culuture but with way different demographics and music. Then it became an insult for the over 30 crowd desperately trying to feel relevant as they watched their waists grow, hair recede, and lost touch with new music or knowledge of what's cool lol

Yup... except I'm not exactly part of the youth counterculture. I listen to music made by dudes over 30 :p

I don't object to being called whiny or angsty or whatever, I object to being lumped in with people who can tolerate Asking Alexandria :barf

Lol I don't think any of you know what emo means.

I feel bad for any goth, metal head, or other genres of music Abd style because now they're all just lumped in as emo, despite hsving wildly different music tastes and cultural interests

As a veteran of the Metal, Goth and Indisutrial scenes, this is a constant source of irritation for me. Many old school BARFers throw an Emo out there once in a while just to see me rage. :mad

:laughing

:laughing

I was a huge metal/goth/industrial-head. I just never really got into the whole "uniform" thing with the clothes and the make-up. :dunno

Back