• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

Forgive my ignorance, but, do they have any choice in the matter? :dunno

That's what I was wondering.

If we want to get legal about it, hazing is seriously frowned upon in the military. The Army specifically covers it in the Army Command Policy regulation and it can be punished under the UCMJ. Soldiers are not obligated to follow unlawful orders and hazing orders have been deemed unlawful by JAG. Not only that, commanders tend to frown upon leaders wasting Soldier's time (and the Army's time) by sending them off on those little go-for missions. They'd much rather they be working. At least that's how it is in the technical MOS fields. I don't know how things work over on the Infantry side of the house.

M7zCiQT.jpg

If we want to get legal about it, hazing is seriously frowned upon in the military. The Army specifically covers it in the Army Command Policy regulation and it can be punished under the UCMJ. Soldiers are not obligated to follow unlawful orders and hazing orders have been deemed unlawful by JAG. Not only that, commanders tend to frown upon leaders wasting Soldier's time (and the Army's time) by sending them off on those little go-for missions. They'd much rather they be working. At least that's how it is in the technical MOS fields. I don't know how things work over on the Infantry side of the house.

Thanks for the explanation!

How does that play out in practical terms - you ask your commanding officer if he's sending you on a go-for mission and if he says yes he has to drop it, if it's a legit order (and you're too green to tell a worthwhile endeavor from a cunning ruse) you're in trouble for questioning orders? Or have I been watching too much tv?

Thanks for the explanation!

How does that play out in practical terms - you ask your commanding officer if he's sending you on a go-for mission and if he says yes he has to drop it, if it's a legit order (and you're too green to tell a worthwhile endeavor from a cunning ruse) you're in trouble for questioning orders? Or have I been watching too much tv?

Hollywood has really sensationalized the military to the point of comedy IMO. However, firstly, COs aren't going to be the ones sending Soldiers on those missions. It'll be the guys in their squad or their squad leader 85%+ of the time. As an NCO, I tried to keep officers out of my business as much as practically possible. Generally, you can call out the person that puts you on such a task if you know it's a joke and they'll typically drop it. The whole point is to catch a green troop off guard.

And for the thread...

the-talk.png

I mean more along the lines of "how funny is it really, if you tell a subordinate to do something silly, when they are required to follow every order given"?

Like the exhaust samples. If you told one of your underlings to go do a test they've never heard of before, but it is fact legit, they'd be in trouble for refusing the order, correct?
So telling an underling to do something silly isn't as funny, if they are pretty much obligated to follow commands given by a superior. :dunno

We used to tell freshmen at the HS I went to that there was a pool on the roof of one of the buildings. Funny stuff when they'd ask to sign up for the swimming class.
Or when I was at Camp Owens (juvenile minimum security lock-up) you could get a write up for masturbating, and they were called MB papers. We'd tell the new guys that before they could go work out in the gym, they had to ask the staff for their muscle-building (or MB) papers first.

Same concept, but it's coming from somewhat of an equal, instead of an authority figure.

I mean more along the lines of "how funny is it really, if you tell a subordinate to do something silly, when they are required to follow every order given"?

Like the exhaust samples. If you told one of your underlings to go do a test they've never heard of before, but it is fact legit, they'd be in trouble for refusing the order, correct?
So telling an underling to do something silly isn't as funny, if they are pretty much obligated to follow commands given by a superior. :dunno

We used to tell freshmen at the HS I went to that there was a pool on the roof of one of the buildings. Funny stuff when they'd ask to sign up for the swimming class.
Or when I was at Camp Owens (juvenile minimum security lock-up) you could get a write up for masturbating, and they were called MB papers. We'd tell the new guys that before they could go work out in the gym, they had to ask the staff for their muscle-building (or MB) papers first.

Same concept, but it's coming from somewhat of an equal, instead of an authority figure.

Have you ever heard the saying, "We only pick on you because we like you. If we didn't like you, we'd ignore you." That's what I'm talking about.

Final Fantasy Iron Man would most likely be a 15 year old girl with huge hooters or something.

Back