• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

QA is not isolated to the software industry. I don't work in the software industry. :nerd
I was referring to the comic, which was software engineering.

I really do not understand this line of thought.

Devs should of course write their own tests, however if you missed something in the code, perhaps you may miss it in the testing too? You need QA.

I have never seen flawless code and I have never been on a project where someone thought of everything.

I've spent too much time at war with a team that wouldn't use QA and yet their shit broke constantly. Even with their own tests.

That said every good dev should have a QA minded brain. I also don't like throwing shit over to QA to check your work either.

Some of us have had jobs where we develop both hardware AND software. :party

I should have been more clear. I was referring to Test-Driven software development, where the dev writes the unit test first with the feature's specification and requirements. Then you add the feature code until the test pass, giving you a minimum viable product. This process does not require testers. This is great for continuous integration, but I don't know if it scales well to larger projects to be honest.

I understand that they play a vital role, but fuck testers.

funny_comics_00.jpg

So what did the guy actually say that got the meme rolling?

Back