• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

tumblr_noxtvukHDC1tts6nbo1_500.jpg

I really do not understand this line of thought.

Devs should of course write their own tests, however if you missed something in the code, perhaps you may miss it in the testing too? You need QA.

I have never seen flawless code and I have never been on a project where someone thought of everything.

I've spent too much time at war with a team that wouldn't use QA and yet their shit broke constantly. Even with their own tests.

That said every good dev should have a QA minded brain. I also don't like throwing shit over to QA to check your work either.

Some of us have had jobs where we develop both hardware AND software. :party

Developers test to make sure it works
QA tests to see if it breaks
Key Account Technologists test to see if it meets the customer's needs
Product Support tests to see how it broke

I really do not understand this line of thought.

Devs should of course write their own tests, however if you missed something in the code, perhaps you may miss it in the testing too? You need QA.

I have never seen flawless code and I have never been on a project where someone thought of everything.

I've spent too much time at war with a team that wouldn't use QA and yet their shit broke constantly. Even with their own tests.

That said every good dev should have a QA minded brain. I also don't like throwing shit over to QA to check your work either.

Some of us have had jobs where we develop both hardware AND software. :party

I did six years at Boeing as a systems analyst on their largest OLTP program (Spares Ordering Nonstop Inventory Control 2, SONIC-II), which, according to the instructors at Boeing Training, followed the standards of software architecture and QA so closely that the number of rollbacks during blockpoints were so few and so minor that it set records. So proper coding and enforcement of good standards is key to minimizing costs and maximizing effectiveness of coders and analysts. :thumbup

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="fbrCwaw"><a href="//imgur.com/fbrCwaw">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back