• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Craft Beer Update 02.08.2026

usually go to The Tank House when I am out and about.
Never been to Urban Roots however.
I add Tank House to my list.
Tanks M for sharing this place….
PaulR
 
02.20.2026. Craft Beer - Update - Sonoma Springs - Unknown Industries - Rider Suttie

View attachment 589937
I'd buy that beer for the can art alone..


Ipas
Yuck

Fight me.
1000010535.png
 
I get not drinking beer….it’s not for everyone.
I do like BBQ and West Sacramento has Urban Roots one of my favorite breweries for both Beer and BBQ.
Have you been there?
PaulR
I haven't been there but a friend of my has been doing the brewing operations there for several months and I got to try one of his new recipes. So good
 
Went to Goathouse Brewery yesterday. It just outside of Lincoln. You drink beer, eat food from a food truck and pet goats. It was pretty cool. I had the Attappady imperial oatmeal stout and it was delicious.

 
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share a project me and my girlfriend and I have been working on. Over the past year or so, we have been hitting craft breweries all over Northern California and Oregon and ended up visiting around 40 (lost count) and the total is growing. No big plan, just following recommendations, local tips, and a healthy curiosity (and a thirst for good beer).

We put together an interactive map with links, photos, and notes from each stop. Some places were tiny family‑run setups, others were full‑scale operations with food, music, and killer views. Every one of them had something unique, and that is what made the whole trip so fun.

If you are into exploring new breweries or planning your own beer road trip, check out the map here: https://www.beerflightmasters.com/beermaps

Feel free to suggest your own favorites too, the more the merrier.

Here is to good brews, good people, and getting a little lost in the best possible way!

PaulR & The Beer Kat
 
Another suggestion…fifty fifty in Truckee. They have an amazing selection of bourbon barrel aged stouts.
 
Last edited:
Interesting 🤔
I have a PicoBrew System 5 liters per batch (have not used this yet)
Planning on going to the 2026 Boonville Brewfest in a few weeks. (first time going)
Camping and Beer what could go wrong….. I am definitely into Craft Beer 🍺
CDona did you brew professionally? or Home brew? or both?
I will be posting more Craft Brew adventures in the near future.
Regarding the drink fizzes that would be great to turn water to alcohol 🍺
“ Can I have another glass of water please”

PaulR
 
Pro, working graves, AB in Fairfield, and it closed last summer.
I started collecting cases of bottles, a chest freezer, for cellaring,
too many toys, not enough garage, killed that.
Some of the bottlers (put beer in the bottles, labeled, cased, palletized,) think beer is made with beer pellets, throw a handful in a tank and add water.
Much like fizzies, = instant beer.
I did like the root beer flavor the best.
Boonville, bring disc's for golf, and learn a new language, , ,
128 all the way to the coast, for the ride.

Moonshinin' looks fun & easy though.
 
Last edited:
Bonneville brew fest is awesome, we camped in hendy woods which was awesome too, but required planning for transportation. The fairgrounds camping is a big party from what I have heard.
 
For all you beer nerds with a dog.

Russian River in Windsor has a nice dog park, there is more to the left where this photo was taken.
 

Attachments

  • Russian River Dog Park.jpg
    Russian River Dog Park.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 68
I love the Bistro. My home away from home. And they always have Pliny on tap.

I am new to the Bistro in Hayward
The first time I went was for the Sunday afternoon Blues Jam. There is a lot a talented musicians that sign up to play.
Super great music and great beers on tap.
The next time was the Double IPA Fest. Well organized and lots of great beer to taste.
If you have never been here for the Blues Jam on Sunday afternoons I would recommend this for anyone interested in this type of music.
Lots of good people at the Bistro….
PaulR
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: bcj
Boonville Brewfest 2026 – Who’s Going?

I’m heading up to Boonville Brewfest this year and will be there on Saturday. Planning to camp at the Brewers Camp on Friday and Saturday night as well. Really looking forward to the whole scene — beer, music, chaos, and whatever else Brewfest throws at us.

Any BARFers making the trip? If so, hope to cross paths and share a pint. Always good to put faces to screen names.

Ride safe and see you in Boonville.

PaulR

Stoped at Wolf House in Cloverdale
The food and beer are next level at this location.
The brewer Kevin Lovett is a legend in this town. See pictures

PaulR
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0887.jpeg
    IMG_0887.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7852.jpeg
    IMG_7852.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7853.jpeg
    IMG_7853.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Went to Pond Farm Brewing in San Rafael yesterday.

Worth the visit; bike racks inside was a nice touch.

Huge airy space.

Good beer.

APNQkAGyO9QUQtELaR1x3vVaA3vOyM1ySwG8iVxLPAelErEAU2lYLXEBd35BSNpWywn1pVoq2UIZ8C0z8mSukQBc7u9V6MdcyipF_vbg3PwUEerNhJbA5MCVw_8IfzI2ROK9n4xcQGrZ=s680-w680-h510-rw


AF1QipO-L8FK_QnLTPIeUXXXYEtyVLhS5XurnAP6u61x=s680-w680-h510-rw
 
9.26.2026 Craft Beer Update
Where the Ride Finally Stops
Eventually every motorcycle’s gotta stop — fuel, food, or just to let your spine remember what comfort feels like. And when that moment hits, Burning Barrel Brewery in Placerville is exactly where you might want to roll in.
Just sharing this amazing place….if you know you know
PaulR
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9137.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9136.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9149.jpeg
    IMG_9149.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9123.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9128.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9125.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9138.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
9.26.2026 Craft Beer Update
Where the Ride Finally Stops
Eventually every motorcycle’s gotta stop — fuel, food, or just to let your spine remember what comfort feels like. And when that moment hits, Burning Barrel Brewery in Placerville is exactly where you might want to roll in.
Just sharing this amazing place….if you know you know
PaulR
My local. Well one of them. Did you hit up Solid Ground also?
 
Back
Top