• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

My favorite part of the course (I think it's called Thunderbird Trail):

Attachments

• C9DE3C82-FFFE-4365-AB1C-143AB1C5B9C5.jpeg
    C9DE3C82-FFFE-4365-AB1C-143AB1C5B9C5.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
That trail pic looks perfect. Ill add that race to my list for next year for sure.

No Sea Otter for me. It's the weekend before BWR SD.

Well, I just signed up for the Rock Cobbler.

Hopefully it'll be as green this coming year as it was this time.

By the way, Robert, I see a fair number of your strava rides start and end about three blocks from my house!

Well, I just signed up for the Rock Cobbler.

Hopefully it'll be as green this coming year as it was this time.

Me too. I missed the first day of reg, so I'm worried I wont be in Wave 1. Oh wells.

By the way, Robert, I see a fair number of your strava rides start and end about three blocks from my house!

Hi neighbor :wave

Aww shit, I'm on the fence about Rock cobbler... it was pretty brutal to me last year :laughing

edit: Fuck it, I'm in. I'm trying to get some friends on board with me so I can enjoy my casual 8.5 hr pace with some company this year. :laughing

Last edited:
My 2024 race schedule may start like this:
Jan 27 - Gravel & Whine, Temecula CA
Feb 11 - Rock Cobbler, Bakersfield, CA
Mar 1 - BWR AZ
Apr 6 - BWR UT
Apr 28 - BWR CA

Aww shit, I'm on the fence about Rock cobbler... it was pretty brutal to me last year :laughing

DO IT! (if you want to ride your bike more)

#NBD! (new bike day). This will be my gravel race bike for next year. It'll get the Enve wheels off my current bike and everything you see here.

fbrjUMg.png

I bought the bike complete from a local shop that had it on sale. Apparently no one likes the groupset that it came with. So it was discounted to the same price as frame-only and I'll be selling the prev groupset. Anyone want to buy a Campy Ekar 13s groupset? Not a single mile on it. :D

I tried the gravel thing, it's not for me. I did BWR San Diego on my old SuperSix Evo*, but that is barely "gravel" and wad completely fine on 28mm slicks. I picked up an open mold frame gravel bike a year or so later that my LBS shop owner built up** and just couldn't get into it. Ended up putting slicks on that bike too and used it for commuting with my SuperSix showing it's age (at about 35000 miles, with only basic maintenance).

So, NBD for me too. I just received a Fezzari Veyo Dura Ace build. Only have about 130 miles on it over the past couple of days, but really happy with the frame so far. Not happy with the electronic shifting, but I'm kinda stuck with that these days with modern aero frames, so oh well, I'll learn to live with it. I considering a few Tarmac like bikes, and had a tough time passing up on the value of this bike, while also having everything I wanted in a bike as well.

GF wants a gravel bike, and I figure mine isn't worth anything, so I'll toss some gravel tires on it and store it until she can get a bike and I'll use it with her on occasion.

*I actually can't figure out what year SuperSix Evo I have. Cannondale told me it is a 2014 based on serial number, but it looks nothing like the 2014 models, and the geometry numbers don't match.

**Sadly went out of business just months before the pandemic.

#NBD! (new bike day). This will be my gravel race bike for next year. It'll get the Enve wheels off my current bike and everything you see here.

fbrjUMg.png

I bought the bike complete from a local shop that had it on sale. Apparently no one likes the groupset that it came with. So it was discounted to the same price as frame-only and I'll be selling the prev groupset. Anyone want to buy a Campy Ekar 13s groupset? Not a single mile on it. :D

Very sexy, Robert. Very sexy indeed.

Fuck Yeah Robert! You scored a “free” Di GRX groupset?! :wow I would never turn my nose up at that! All my Shimano stuff works really well. I hope your stoked! I can’t wait to see your new bike.

Fuck Yeah Robert! You scored a “free” Di GRX groupset?! :wow I would never turn my nose up at that! All my Shimano stuff works really well. I hope your stoked! I can’t wait to see your new bike.

:laughing definitely not "free". eBay suggests I can sell the Ekar groupset that it came with for $800. The GRX/Ultegra Di2 groupset going on was at least double that, near 3x with the double-sided powermeter.

Last edited:
So, NBD for me too. I just received a Fezzari Veyo Dura Ace build. Only have about 130 miles on it over the past couple of days, but really happy with the frame so far. Not happy with the electronic shifting, but I'm kinda stuck with that these days with modern aero frames, so oh well, I'll learn to live with it. I considering a few Tarmac like bikes, and had a tough time passing up on the value of this bike, while also having everything I wanted in a bike as well.

That frame seems :drool. got any pics to share?

I have never heard anyone utter "not happy with the electronic shifting", esp Shimano DA.

Back