• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Gas Prices

That's barely enough use to keep the battery charged
Literally!

I have to plug in both of my Jeeps to the battery charger once in a while to top up.........The old one has a nice audio system that is power hungry and the aux battery can't keep up on the short rides and now the new Jeep has that stupid smart charging system that only charges at an acceptable AGM voltage profile when you are coasting. A week of short trips and the electronics (aux switches) start shutting down. This is why expensive AGM batteries only last 3-4 years?
 
Just filled up in Redding for $6.59. 18 gals gets me almost 7 weeks of commutes at 9mpg.

People ask me how I can afford 9mpg and why don't I buy something that gets better mileage........The simple answer is that I only drive it 1100 miles a year for work and the insurance/registration is so cheap? Cant buy a used electric Smart car for 5 times what this rig costs me to operate.
Man, that’s like a two mile commute? Pedal power!
 
Man, that’s like a two mile commute? Pedal power!
2.6 miles each way! I have ridden my E-scooter here a few times, but I do need to run for parts on the other side of town occasionally and that would require a bigger vehicle. When I commuted on the Hardley Ultra I used to strap drivelines, tires and other items to it sometimes. I had 3 serious near death experiences in a 5 week period, so just decided it wasn't worth the risk anymore........I feel that people's brains check out near work, skool, church, store parking lots, etc.......I have all of those in multiple places on the commute.

If I were a skilled 4th world savage like you and gave no fawks.........I'd still do it! :cool:
 
Fourth world savage 😂😂😂

I no longer moto in the city but I love pedaling around.
 
Especially on a modern diesel! My newer Jeep is an Ecodiesel, so I mostly save it for trip/towing.
That’s why the TDI is reserved for longer trips. We have a little grocery store 3 miles from the house in “town” and I have a bicycle with big panniers I can use to shop.
 
Well.....it's ugly with who knows how many square miles of shit all over their scorched earth terrain, but......trending towards independence has its advantages.

 
That’s why the TDI is reserved for longer trips. We have a little grocery store 3 miles from the house in “town” and I have a bicycle with big panniers I can use to shop.
our closest grocery store is 9 miles away. we’ve gotten very good at ‘planning’.
 
Downtown San Antonio TX today. Daughter said it would be lower out of town. $3.35 was good for me.

IMG_1543.jpeg
 
Marathon prices in Fremont -

Regular $5.69
Premium $6.09
Diesel $8.49

Glad I'm retired and only drive locally. Super commuters have to be hurting
 
$150 fill up on Friday. Premium that is still not up to spec on what the overlords at Porsche say is necessary.

$6.85 a gallon. That will last about 3 weeks for my non-super commuter world.
 
I’m parking my little Sprinter and sweating my next line order. Transportation costs are out of sight.
 
$9 a gallon diesel here in Truckee!!!

So glad I bought my first diesel truck a year ago!! Winning!!!!

We are so great, keep it up!!!

I foresee record earnings for big oil, happy to do my part !!!!!
 
Back
Top