• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Good-ass cover songs

TylerW

Moto(s)
it has pedals
Name
Look up
Music is great - every hearing person knows this. but sometimes a newer band comes along and totally transforms an original song.

One of my favorites is Murder by Death's cover of Motorhead's "We Are the Road Crew". I think they did a fantastic job of not only furthering the frenetic energy of the song - it constantly feels like the wheels are about to come off - but also stamping the song with their characteristic style.

[YOUTUBE]Ig_5dH1Vvh8[/YOUTUBE]

What are your favorite cover songs?

[youtube]u_VsvZmIWxY[/youtube]

Honestly I don't care much for this band or their music, but this is a great cover and really good video.

Music is great - every hearing person knows this. but sometimes a newer band comes along and totally transforms an original song.

One of my favorites is Murder by Death's cover of Motorhead's "We Are the Road Crew". I think they did a fantastic job of not only furthering the frenetic energy of the song - it constantly feels like the wheels are about to come off - but also stamping the song with their characteristic style.

[YOUTUBE]Ig_5dH1Vvh8[/YOUTUBE]

What are your favorite cover songs?

Destruction does a rad cover of that song. Motorhead does an awesome cover of Whiplash by Metallica, arguably better than the original.

Destruction does a rad cover of that song. Motorhead does an awesome cover of Whiplash by Metallica, arguably better than the original.

Legit one of the best metal songs, covered by one of the best metal bands. And I love that they changed the lyrics for their band name.

[youtube]u_VsvZmIWxY[/youtube]

Honestly I don't care much for this band or their music, but this is a great cover and really good video.

Good one! Never really heard this band before, or this song, but this is a great listen and a good tribute.

Don't really care for the rest of this band's discography, but they sound fucking great playing a Talking Heads classic:

[YOUTUBE]TKuHh4SqUgk[/YOUTUBE]

Maria just kills it here and the harder rock edge to this version might be better than Blondie. MIGHT.

[youtube]u_XBRUY3Vqc[/youtube]

Uncle Al kills it on this classic cover and this track is actually way better than the Sabbath Original.

[youtube]Xjho-zVgDXo[/youtube]

Chris is such a wildly talented artist, Lord of the Lost brings an edge to this cover that Gaga clearly missed.

[youtube]jaODYn5nYUI[/youtube]

The raw audacity of trying to cover Michael has to be admired in Alien Ant Farm's effort here. The King of Pop simply cannot be touched on his greats, and this was one of his best tracks, so obviously this effort falls short of the King, but it still makes a fun tribute and an enjoyable listen.

[youtube]CDl9ZMfj6aE[/youtube]

I remember when this cover came out, I immediately went out and bought the album in 1998 only to sadly find out they should have stuck to covering classic New Order tracks, because quite frankly, the Orgy tracks on the album just weren't very good. This rocked up version of the classic may very well be better than the original.

[youtube]aJZTfl3DmCU[/youtube]

[youtube]mk5Dwg5zm2U[/youtube]

[youtube]xdykYxwEc0c[/youtube]

[youtube]f7RwDnZI7Tw[/youtube]

[youtube]Bk7RVw3I8eg[/youtube]

They did a whole album of covers and it was FUCKING AMAZING.

Oh, also this. It's Karaoke, but it's also probably the best cover song in history.

[youtube]JeUyHKEu9Io[/youtube]

Ah covers... so many are awful...
Fun thread!
These are some of my favorites

[youtube]DutnUbfZoEE[/youtube]

[youtube]mguL895wN_w[/youtube]

I could fill a thread with just Postmodern Jukebox's videos alone. Love the talent they bring in and the musical arrangements they do! Seriously, spend some time looking through their library. TONS of songs!
[youtube]m3lF2qEA2cw[/youtube]

[youtube]bZpdXgsI6C0[/youtube]

[youtube]YoBlp6qvFqg[/youtube]

[youtube]LT8dW7bGuuM[/youtube]

Then there's Brass Against

[youtube]0JrlKcoD1Qw[/youtube]

And of course, 2CELLOS

[youtube]uT3SBzmDxGk[/youtube]

How could you mention Postmodern Jukebox and not include All About That Bass?

[YOUTUBE]aLnZ1NQm2uk[/YOUTUBE]

I really like what Primus did with Have A Cigar.

[YOUTUBE]aEf0SpAEnIc[/YOUTUBE]

Jane's Addiction > The Grateful Dead

[YOUTUBE]eRtDImn9fLc[/YOUTUBE]

ZZ Top is alright but Steve Albini fucking rules.

[YOUTUBE]ABiKcjM3wXE[/YOUTUBE]

Ah covers... so many are awful...

I could fill a thread with just Postmodern Jukebox's videos alone. Love the talent they bring in and the musical arrangements they do! Seriously, spend some time looking through their library. TONS of songs!
[youtube]m3lF2qEA2cw[/youtube]

I was wondering how fast PMJ would pop up in this thread. Haley Reinhart doing Creep is probably my most played song on YouTube. There’s something about her voice man, I feel like I need to smoke after hearing her sing (and I don’t even smoke).

Morgan James and PMJ is another killer combo. She kills it on Dream On.
[YOUTUBE]Yq4KA0mUnC8[/YOUTUBE]

And Haley and Morgan paired singing Dear Prudence… heaven to my ears.
[YOUTUBE]wv_Xhzwvjyg[/YOUTUBE]

They did a whole album of covers and it was FUCKING AMAZING.

i was neevr a wheezer fan so this album.... i am definitely not the target market. every time one of the songs comes up on pandora i skip it as fast as possible. if i wanted to hear pop music from the 80s or whatever it is, i'd listen to that. it's a karaoke album.

ok, now ya'll ridicule my likes
[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/yCJQcn6bPSw[/YOUTUBE]

I love covers, and have a running list of covers on Spotify. I'll probably be adding some of these to my list.

I love this cover
[YOUTUBE]rm5eWLXW6l4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Any of The Main Squeeze's covers. Really, any of them- they're all awesome.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/8R6StQfLNbw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/ScxhlO0fOyg[/YOUTUBE]

Back