• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Good-ass cover songs

Actually heard this on the radio today! Been a long time! Haha!
[youtube]wDe60CbIagg[/youtube]

I'll flat out say I'm not really a fan of the original... but I'll listen to this version all day!
[youtube]roh7bM3QAXc[/youtube]

Here's a couple of Howling Wolf's songs. A great Blues Man!
[YOUTUBE]WTwNzhLvRGs[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]j-nT_joqmeM[/YOUTUBE]

Bet you thought this was an Animals song, original done by Tom Clarence Ashley & Gwen Foster: House Of The Rising Sun (1933)
[YOUTUBE]4-43lLKaqBQ[/YOUTUBE]

It would take a true die hard Anthrax fan to decipher Got the Time out of all this Suomalainenonsense, but I love this cover, and of course the Anthrax version was just a cover of Joe Jackson's so, on to the indigenous accordion metal...

[youtube]CWzaUkMvfZE[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]R6RD6mjiIZE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZYsUtadHW-A[/YOUTUBE]

Haley is a hell of a performer, and I've seen PMJ live a few times so I can definitely say I enjoy their work, but I can see how her version of it was over the top. It really just depends on if you're into what they do or not.

Violet's version isn't matching the tuning and that throws it off as does her guitar tone. It's too twangy for my taste and doesn't compliment the song either, but her vocals aren't terrible.

Back