mrmarklin
Well-known member
- Joined
- Jan 13, 2012
- Location
- Burney, PRK
- Moto(s)
- Harley Crossbones, Harley-Davidson FatBob
- Name
- Dave
I switched with my Harley twin cam. Came with a whole new unit. Big improvement.

I’m running the same bulbs in NorCalBusa's post in my Honda Ridgeline, aimed properly. The light is great and I haven’t been flashed at all while using low beams (the same applies to the bulbs in my Ram Van.)FB is watching me, now here's an LED light w/nice cutoff; https://www.facebook.com/reel/3477046732565606


This has not been my experience. On my Ford Econoline I can spin the housing adjusters and clock the LED bulbs to get me either good highbeams, or good low beams, but not both. I've had similar experience with a Yamaha R1.Again, the design of the reflector is irrelevant with LEDs... as is the cut-off provided by the housing. As long as you can adjust the housing to hold the LED in the proper position, they work fantastic.
- Luminous Flux: Total light output bounds (e.g., ~$1650/1000 lm +- 15% at 13.2V).
And yet, you are providing no information as usual. Just silly potshots.Right there, ChatGPT betrayed you.
This is what happens when you're not familiar with a subject and you rely on AI garbage to convince your mates you're an expert.
So, what in the above is wrong?
And yet, you are providing no information as usual. Just silly potshots.
I can only assume you're quibbling overthe fact...
and that's a prime example of why there is no "intelligence" in AI: it doesn't understand contexts, it has no concept of what it does, there is nothing up there; it simply strings together words based on the statistical probability of a particular word following another one.Luminous Flux: Total light output bounds (e.g., ~$1650/1000 lm
displacing a light source by tenths of a millimeter off-axis throws a parabolic or free-form reflector out of focus.
No, I'm aghast at the sight of a scientific quantity (in this case Luminous Flux) having units of dollars:
and that's a prime example of why there is no "intelligence" in AI: it doesn't understand contexts, it has no concept of what it does, there is nothing up there; it simply strings together words based on the statistical probability of a particular word following another one.
Because of such monumentally gross errors, I cannot trust anything AI does; did you check FMVSS 108 to ensure that the summary aligns with what's actually in the specs?
You can design a reflector with a point-like focus; you can also design one to have a fairly wide focal point. Vehicle reflectors are of the latter variety due to manufacturing tolerances of both reflectors and bulbs, and these tolerances are not of the order of tenth of millimeters - they're much larger.