• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Our erstwhile young adventurer has figured a work-around, and will be on the road soon!!

Has he contacted the NorCal BMW club? https://bmwnorcal.org/

They might be able to help, also. I can't, sorry.

Also, the BMW MOA.

Good tip, Peter, thanks! He's going to be in NorCal for a couple of months, I'll pass that along to him, might be good for him to make some contacts through them!

Versys 300x in Pescadero

Hey everyone - my buddy and I were out riding in Pescadero and he went wide into a ditch. We managed to ride it back to Pescadero, across the street from the Alliance gas station, but the front end steering is pretty tacod and it's not safe to ride home. We've been having a hell of a time getting a tow service to Mountain View.

If anyone's got any leads or time we're more than happy to pay.

My buddies number is 510-996-8207 and my number is 408-656-2261.

Last edited:
Hey everyone - my buddy and I were out riding in Pescadero and he went wide into a ditch. We managed to ride it back to Pescadero, across the street from the Alliance gas station, but the front end steering is pretty tacod and it's not safe to ride home. We've been having a hell of a time getting a tow service to Mountain View.

If anyone's got any leads or time we're more than happy to pay.

My buddies number is 510-996-8207 and my number is 408-656-2261.

Reaching out to volunteers...

OK, it looks like Kris/pKx is going to step up- on Father's Day!!!- and roll out to scoop up our wadded rider, and get him home to Mountain View...
So glad that no one was hurt, and that I can be off this forum for so long, and still be able to reach out to the best volunteers EVAR, and get so many immediate responses with status, and someone willing to save the day!!!
This is what BARF is all about... :love
Thank you, Kris!!! :hail :hail

Awesome effort and way to go Kris!! :thumbup

Robert just texted me to let me know that Kris has his buddy loaded up, and they're headed out!
Thanks to all the Roadside Angels who got back to me so quickly with their status, I appreciate it!
And thanks again to Kris for saving the day!

Huge shoutout to Kris and Connie for helping to get my friend home - really appreciate the support and love from BARF and we'll make sure to pass it on.

Wow not sure anyone checks this any more since, bit I'm currently stuck on the side of 24 east before the tunnel. I called progressive but no eta yet in my tow truck. Posting here hoping someone can get to me quicker than they can.

Thanks will do. Hopefully they sent the right type of truck. My last tow from progressive was a bit of an ordeal.

EDIT: Made it home safely.

Last edited:
I’d say it’s still a resource. Maybe we should check with Connie to see if she wants to hand over the reins.

I did check in with her at the begining of the year and she wanted to keep it going.

I did check in with her at the begining of the year and she wanted to keep it going.

Well, that was half a year ago. I got a call from Ryan the ranger at Metcalf because there was a dead BMW adv bike… and someone thought BARF had Angels.

I’ll call and see what happened.

Back