• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

In about 8 months I will know...

Mike, see what your wheels did, that Deric's camera mast recorded for posterity? Boys will be boys! :rolleyes

SQNcL.jpg


shows what the real mission was
 
I'm rebumping this for the glory of science and to offset the fgtry of political threads.
 
I originally posted this over in "Best of BARF" in the Motivational Posters Thread, but seems almost more appropriate here...

attachment.php
 
Hi-res images released from Curiosity's descent to the Martian surface have been assembled into a video at approximately 5 frames a second (matching the rate at which they were captured). Audio from control room is roughly matched to the video.

Amazing.

[youtube]EcsqRA5dFkM[/youtube]
 
Hi-res images released from Curiosity's descent to the Martian surface have been assembled into a video at approximately 5 frames a second (matching the rate at which they were captured). Audio from control room is roughly matched to the video.

Amazing.

[youtube]EcsqRA5dFkM[/youtube]

Awesome!

I like one guy at the end. While everyone is cheering he says "It's time to see where our curiosity will take us."
 
What do the morse say?

EDIT: Nevermind. JPL.

Easter eggs on MArs!
 
Last edited:
Awesome!

I like one guy at the end. While everyone is cheering he says "It's time to see where our curiosity will take us."

you know that guy was practicing that for Months in his head, waiting for the perfect ironic moment to say it.... probably wishes he could have sent a fixie and pair of skinny jeans along with the rover to represent the hipster culture

i'm not angry
 
there weren't any LEGO astronauts sent on this one were there?
 
Back
Top