• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Johndicezx9 passed away yesterday 7/24/24

ratpick

Moto(s)
KTM Super Duke,DRZ 400
Name
Patrick
I’m having a hard time with this, he was my best friend for nearly 40 years.
The icu doctor said it was a severe brain bleed. He was at home with his girlfriend on Tuesday , didn’t feel well and fell to the floor.
Girlfriend called 911.
He got worse through the night, I went to see him first thing weds morning and the neurologist said there was no brain function.
I am crushed by this, he was a brother to me , we just got each other.
We rode together many miles and partied, especially in our youth, together like hooligans.
I will miss him dearly. He was the guy I would have a random thought and just text or call him and he would laugh or tell me I was a dumbass. His sister said it best “ he was an asshole but he was our asshole”.
RIP brother, life won’t be the same without you.

ratpick,

Deeply sadden to hear about the loss of Johndicezx9, your very close Friend and Brother and fellow Barfer. :cry:
Heartfelt condolences to you, his Family and friends.

I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend
We are here one day and gone the next and at times with out much warning - It has to be comforting to know that you were great friends / brothers

May he RIP

I enjoyed his presence here very much. I am sad I never met him but every time I saw his posts I would be sure to read them. I remember him posting a photo of him next to Nicky Hayden. RIP John.

Edit: my apologies, I believed John was next to Nicky. John was the photographer behind the camera.
IMG_2333.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm crushed.

I thought the world of John. He was the very definition of "full of life." Smart, well-read, incredibly funny, with a deep love of motorcycles, racing, NFL Football, and so much more, He was a joy to spend time with. I'm reeling between the hurt of knowing I won't get to spend more time with John and feeling so immensely lucky for knowing him and having those memories.

RIP John :(

heartfelt condolences on the loss of you dear friend, Mr ratpick. :rose

John met me for coffee on my way down to our rally in Morro Bay last year and regaled me with tales of his sherif father responding to calls in Big Sur, and explaining his BARF handle to me.

he was a special motorcycle guy, with his interests in photography, music and our BARF poli-stink current-events dialectic. I will miss him.

Shocking.... totally. :cry:

:rip John

I will miss Johndicezx9 a lot. His presence here was steady and his humor just as steady.

Very sorry for your pain Patrick. Losing someone so special to most of your life is not easy.
I know condolences does not do much man, but they are heart felt. :rose

For sure the BARF has lost a piece of it soul. Damn.....

Wow! So many of my personal beliefs are fueled by selfish denial. There has to be an afterlife where guys like John continue.
This hurts and I cannot imagine what you are feeling Patrick.

RIP Johndicezx9
… long may you run
:rose

heartfelt condolences on the loss of you dear friend, Mr ratpick. :rose

John met me for coffee on my way down to our rally in Morro Bay last year and regaled me with tales of his sherif father responding to calls in Big Sur, and explaining his BARF handle to me.
Look forward to hearing that explanation @ the Hoho. Hoist one in his honor too... at a minimum. :angel

Back