• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Kawasaki Ninja 300

So it's basically 700 if you want abs because abs is only available in the spec edition.
That's too bad. I think the base model looks good. The special edition not so much.

Hope I can demo one at IMS.

Given the sales tax of 8.25% in Hollister, $4799 comes to $5194.92 before TTL. TT&L (via the DMV's calculator) comes to $561 for a grand total of $5755.92. So you're actually getting a discount somewhere. That's pretty damn cool! :thumbup

Yeah sales manager said drive a little and save a lot. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up buying from them in a few months. If you leave them your number they will call you when all the other colors are in :thumbup

Given the sales tax of 8.25% in Hollister, $4799 comes to $5194.92 before TTL. TT&L (via the DMV's calculator) comes to $561 for a grand total of $5755.92. So you're actually getting a discount somewhere. That's pretty damn cool! :thumbup

:wtf TT&L includes sales tax right? And it's based on your registration address?

DMV calculator for Union City says:

Total Registration Fees: $124.00
Total Use/Sales Tax: $444.00
Grand Total Registration Fees: $568.00

$4799 + $568= $5367 (edit: probably also +$55 doc fee)

Sounds like they charged $185 over msrp. Not exactly exciting.

Last edited:
:wtf TT&L includes sales tax right? And it's based on your registration address?

DMV calculator for Union City says:

Total Registration Fees: $124.00
Total Use/Sales Tax: $444.00
Grand Total Registration Fees: $568.00

$4799 + $568= $5367 (edit: probably also +$55 doc fee)

Sounds like they charged $185 over msrp. Not exactly exciting.

Ah you're right! They added the tax in already. Well in that case yeah it'd be (where I lived in the bay anyway) $5343 so yeah, they're still tacking on something in there.

Ah you're right! They added the tax in already. Well in that case yeah it'd be (where I lived in the bay anyway) $5343 so yeah, they're still tacking on something in there.

At $5600 I think its a good deal so far. I know we all want them to only make like $100 on the deal but most places I have called wanted like $6353 OTD and thats friggin crazy...

No way will you ever hit 40hp with bolt-ons, maybe not even with expensive engine building. Maybe 37, which would feel pretty good, especially if you carved off 20 or 30 pounds.

It really depends on what the top end looks like. People told me I'd only get a 10% hp gain on my 250, I went from 24.9 hp to 30.5 hp with a full exhaust and air filter and its still not properly jetted (I WILL get to 31!) If the 300 has a similar power curve to the 250 (peaks at 10.5-11k and drops from there) then I'd imagine that 40 hp would not be all that unattainable.

Did you notice a similar flattening out around 11k like on the 250?

It really depends on what the top end looks like. People told me I'd only get a 10% hp gain on my 250, I went from 24.9 hp to 30.5 hp with a full exhaust and air filter and its still not properly jetted (I WILL get to 31!) If the 300 has a similar power curve to the 250 (peaks at 10.5-11k and drops from there) then I'd imagine that 40 hp would not be all that unattainable.

Did you notice a similar flattening out around 11k like on the 250?

Hm...a 20% gain--interesting. I'm not sure about the top-end power curve but I think it kept building past 11,000--there are numerous videos on youtube with top-speed runs, so you can review those to confirm.

I really think that with the fuel injection Kawasaki is squeezing more potential out of this motor in stock trim, so I think a 20% gain with pipe and power commander is unlikely.

But have at it! Let's hope it happens.

Fun machine! Just made it past 600 miles after today's ride, so will have it in for its first service shortly. Last weekend I joined a ride through Mines/Del Puerto/Mt. Hamilton with a few other 250's, and a GoPro was rolling:

[youtube]EvVVaT0nZ1g[/youtube]

If you can't have fun on this bike, you're not trying hard enough. :thumbup

017-X2.jpg

009-X2.jpg

Fun machine! Just made it past 600 miles after today's ride, so will have it in for its first service shortly. Last weekend I joined a ride through Mines/Del Puerto/Mt. Hamilton with a few other 250's, and a GoPro was rolling:

Nice video! Here's a walk-around with me babbling my impressions:

[youtube]5wzNd9yd81g[/youtube]

Only two types of people buy 250s like the ninja...................

Genuinely smart beginners and experienced riders looking for a challenge.

Guess that makes me a smart experienced beginner wanting to be challenged

There's a third type: Those who buy bikes for their SO's, knowing that the most modest of ninjas is an incredibly fun and capable bike for smaller riders, and then proceed to put 99.5% of the miles on it themselves, just so it doesn't sit around too long in the garage. :thumbup

There's a third type: Those who buy bikes for their SO's, knowing that the most modest of ninjas is an incredibly fun and capable bike for smaller riders, and then proceed to put 99.5% of the miles on it themselves, just so it doesn't sit around too long in the garage. :thumbup

:laughing

That's kinda what I did, but that little ninja just doesn't hold a candle to my DD.

Back