• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Let's hope this thread is short on Bay Area Fire Season

GAJ

Moto(s)
F800ST
Name
Geoff
Point Fire in Healdsburg; at least one home lost on W Dry Creek Road.

Some nice moto roads closed.

Lots of smoke in Santa Rosa yesterday late afternoon and through the night but clear today.

Fingers crossed the worst of this fire is over.

ome roads closed in the zones or around the fire include:

• Yoakim Bridge Road and Dry Creek Road
  • Stewarts Point Skaggs Springs Road and Marina Road
  • Stewarts Point Skaggs Springs Road and Rockpile Road
  • Lambert Bridge Road and Dry Creek Road
  • West Dry Creek Road and Westside Road

Download Watch Duty on your phone. Great app with notifications. I like it. Non profit, donate if you can. (y)

Download Watch Duty on your phone. Great app with notifications. I like it. Non profit, donate if you can. (y)

We've been using Watch Duty since it came out. Super helpful at our place down in Miramonte where we seem to be surrounded by non-stop fires. I usually get a notification before seeing the Cal-Fire and USFS fire trucks drive by my house!

Smoky in central CoCo this morning but it cleared. Have they moved further than 20% containment yet?

the sunset from the wall was vibrant and i could see the smoke in the horizon heading west on 4.
IMG_5618.jpeg

I've seen three fires nearby in the past two weeks- the Corral fire, Greenville fire and Patterson fire were all in my backyard, metaphorically speaking. There was a fourth in the Altamont that didn't get big enough to be a CalFire incident. I hope that rate of fires doesn't continue.

0 containment for a 10,000 Sites Fire located near Stoneyford and another fire burning in the foothills near Cooperopolis :thumbdown

Seems like the 2 years of good rain have allowed the fuel to regrow.

Evidently New Mexico is having a massive fire.

Might be a tough fire season for the whole West.

Yeesh, that looks bad, I dislike that we actually have a fire season now.

I remember fire season being a thing when I was a kid. However the large expansion of human dwellings have likely made for more urgency to deal with it.

Hoping all in Copperopolis are safe... and the fire season gives us a break. :angel

we don't really have a fire season anymore, more like a fire year. If this winter is dry some FFs will be eating X-mas dinner on the line

We're having our second quasi-scare of the season right now, but should be fine. The way they attack fires early is so different from what it was just five years ago. Easy to talk shit about California, but our fire fighting systems are so good these days.

Back