• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Music, post it up

There is nothing quite like a well prepared piano.

John Cage

[Youtube]jRHoKZRYBlY[/YouTube]

Lol WTF. John Cage is such trash :laughing

Dude, you seriously just called John Cage trash? Even if you did not like the tune, it is hard to deny that it is an interesting composition. Maybe not as classy as the Mentors clip in a previous post, but it still has musical merit.

One man's trash is another man's treasure? His "music," if you can call it that, is for pretentious pseudointellectuals. Who else would appreciate "4:33?" :twofinger

Anyone who appreciates that value is fairly subjective and arbitrary? I have heard 4:33, performed live at Mills College, and agree that it is better in thought, than in execution.

Some more pretentious "music" for the pseudointellectuals.

Henry Cowell

[YouTube]PbbX0J3C6yM[/YouTube]

Last edited:
Anyone who appreciates that value is fairly subjective and arbitrary? I have heard 4:33, performed live at Mills College, and agree that it is better in thought, than in execution.

Some more pretentious "music" for the pseudointellectuals.

Henry Cowell

[YouTube]PbbX0J3C6yM[/YouTube]

How do you notate, "mash a few octaves with your forearm" on sheet music? :twofinger

How do you notate, "mash a few octaves with your forearm" on sheet music? :twofinger

Don't know, the concerts that I went to at Mills college were not enough to grant me an advanced degree in avant-garde composition.:twofinger

Powersolo is playing in SF in about a week.

[YouTube]wFK1ccYA68o[/YouTube]

[YouTube]ud0MRXz5t5w[/YouTube]

[YouTube]_mFqfQtLKDY[/YouTube]

GWAR covering Kansas

[YouTube]o7EVersJ6ts[/YouTube]

Last edited:
Some Friday afternoon T O P

I love how they use an empty mic and an old recording of Bill Graham to introduce Tower of Power. :cool

[YOUTUBE]trHaA_oMZTA[/YOUTUBE]

I just found out that my friend Jay died last year, and his wake was held at the Fillmore. He turned me on to,

The Fugs

[YouTube]uNbU8WCyVe8[/YouTube]

I salute you, brother!

[YouTube]QPNqojbyIDk[/YouTube]

Last edited:
I cant say im a huge talking heads fan but man i cant get enough of this today.

[youtube]o9gK2fOq4MY[/youtube]

Don't know, the concerts that I went to at Mills college were not enough to grant me an advanced degree in avant-garde composition.:twofinger

GWAR covering Kansas

I love that GWAR cover so much.

I'm still digging LotL so hard. Great fucking band.

[youtube]ai3LrJ2MPSs[/youtube]

cfives ... cool to have a musical memory of your friend.

Something you can always listen too to remind you of Jay.

I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon doing some head banging.

Always like the simplicity of this song.

[youtube]Nbnhm4WHsvw[/youtube]

I will head to the Catalyst when they come around again.

Little known fact. I was friends with Y&T drummer Leonard Haze. He was my weed dealer in my youth. I also scored some good rock n roll loot from him. Thanks for the memory Budman.

Yeah second video
Is PanArt hang drum the bloke who started the hand pan ..
He copyright the name hang lol so there called hand pans now,

2 years ago people were selling their hang drums for 8-10k

But the ass fell out of the market now since there’s a few more makers these days,who make better hand pans ,so makers have 3-4 years waiting list charge 3600-4000,takes a lot of work to make a hand pan each note has a fundamental octave and 5th, starts off as a flat piece of steel,you have to make it into a bowl shape,it’s called sinking a shell,that’s how I had the heart attack sinking a shell with a 8lb sledge hammer lol,I use air hammers these days for that..

I don’t charge crazy money like some people do,,

Are these like the ones you made? Beautiful!!!

Back