• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Music, post it up

Finding it hard to listen to music anymore, either listening reminds you of a better time, or another place you'd rather be, or makes you connect with something a little too much. I haven't listened to any piano music from any of my favorite composers, or listened to any of my favorite DJs, or put on even a little op ivy that could always get my spirits up. None of it seems to help anymore. As someone who's connected to music on what feels like the deepest level possible, it's hard to even listen to anything anymore.

Sucks.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way Linty. Music is a great mood stabilizer and improver, to feel like you can no longer take comfort and joy in it is horrible. Maybe try to seek out, new to you, styles of music and artists to listen to, or play compositions by?

Finding it hard to listen to music anymore, either listening reminds you of a better time, or another place you'd rather be, or makes you connect with something a little too much. I haven't listened to any piano music from any of my favorite composers, or listened to any of my favorite DJs, or put on even a little op ivy that could always get my spirits up. None of it seems to help anymore. As someone who's connected to music on what feels like the deepest level possible, it's hard to even listen to anything anymore.

Sucks.

Time to broaden your scope, man. Dip into something you haven't ever listened to before...let Spotify/AppleMusic/Pandora start hitting you with similar tunes. When you find a song you like take a deep dive into the artist and then look for other artists covering the same song.

You may surprise yourself how quickly your music repertoire will branch out and provide you with fresh tunes to stack on your life as it is today.

P.S. My friend told me to listen to "Tyrone" by Erykah Badu...among other R&B...I've added another 20+ songs to my favorites. Open up and it will find you.

Last edited:
Pearl Charles

[YouTube]TBkhgfgSQWw[/YouTube]

Death Valley Girls

[YouTube]fVZ05rNbuxs[/YouTube]

Saw both bands earlier tonight, and would highly recommend their live shows.

Last edited:
FF was a big let down in concert. Only took like 2 songs and I realized they are a studio band and can't recreate that sound live.

Why not? Not enough group practice? Or maybe the issue was the result of poor sound engineering/management? :dunno

I have a ton of Glenn Gould playing sonatas by various composers, but just one by Scarlatti, which led me to many more Scarlatti sonatas that I love. This one came up first in a YouTube search:

[YOUTUBE]wjghYFgt8Zk[/YOUTUBE]

Like Satie?

[YOUTUBE]aSnw28dz2DM[/YOUTUBE]

The San Francisco Saxophone Quartet playing Bach. They have recorded 3 CDs, which I bought on various visits to see them playing on the street near Union Square on what is now known as Black Friday:

[YOUTUBE]Y6L77YjlRW0[/YOUTUBE]

A recent discovery, oddly, via a libertarian blogger. I have a lot of Bird recordings (once played saxophone), but I had never heard this before. Blew me away:

[youtube]elD0LzjzPgU[/youtube]

Why not? Not enough group practice? Or maybe the issue was the result of poor sound engineering/management? :dunno

Listen to the song. They just can't recreate all those apocalyptic sounds live. The band themselves are all very accomplished musicians from other bands.

I've only seen FF live a couple times and I wasn't impressed. I'm a bigger fan of Dino Cazares' other stuff.

Circle

[YouTube]h2FjGtZTCf0[/YouTube]

J.G. Thirlwell

[YouTube]SuxRxO0Y_g4[/YouTube]

Chain and the Gang

[YouTube]McVtfTG02Nw[/YouTube]

Last edited:
A little too early for, "Santa Claus was my lover", but who wouldn't benefit from a little Culturcide?

[YouTube]aobQDfnRStA[/YouTube]

Who am I trying to kid, Culturcide is never out of season!

[YouTube]AVYXGoH_peg[/YouTube]

Last edited:
Moar Maiden covers

[YOUTUBE]DJrz1yofoKg[/YOUTUBE]

Don’t know how to embed, but if you like the grind and haven’t heard Keith merrow’s stuff...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3UV2YbAIWM

This effort features Wes Hauch, his earlier stuff(awaken the stone king-retrospecial-etc) will melt your face as well.

Very cool.

Speaking of guitarists, it was 14 yrs ago Dimebag was killed.

[YOUTUBE]_OrQjWRtRg0[/YOUTUBE]

Back