• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Music, post it up

King Crimson

+1 for atonal tunes.

Prolly a repost but these geezers in suits are sounding mo better today than ever. Raise your paltry one/two drummer bands with three drummers.

[youtube]3028oDEKZo4[/youtube]

Last edited:
Hendrix tribute on the Koto.

[youtube]kWhaxH03Xok[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]gKyZrdQQhiE[/YOUTUBE]

Mr John Cohen, on the guitar ... :rose

The sound on that clip is corrupted, it is low level sped up digital chirping/glitching on my phone. Weird that it sounds normal on your ipad. Don't know/
shrugging emogee here.

Jayke Orvis

[YouTube]R9bDAWtbyyU[/YouTube]

King Crimson's name starts with King for a reason, but I still a soft spot for second wave bands, like Marillion.

[YouTube]6COmtBk6lYo[/YouTube]

Last edited:
The sound on that clip is corrupted, unless they were some sort of minimalist, digital cricket cover band.

:thumbup

sound seems ok tonight on my iPad ...?

here’s Ms Smith’s tribute to Mr Ocasek and Mr Cohen: :rose

[YOUTUBE]Na5PzPoB2Ac[/YOUTUBE]

Smith dedicated a performance of "Tarkovsy (The Second Stop Is Jupiter)" from her 2012 album Banga to John Cohen during her Tuesday night concert at the Royal Oak Music Theatre in suburban Detroit.

Smith spoke about Cohen's music with the New Lost City Ramblers as well as his photography, which included portraits of Jack Kerouac and some of the earliest images of Bob Dylan after his arrival in New York City.

As she did the previous night, Smith also paid tribute to Ric Ocasek, who died on Sunday at the age of 75.

:angel

Last edited:
Fresh previously unreleased just released Crimson...

Jump to the 2 minute mark to skip the commentary.

[youtube]98Eel8QDeTI[/youtube]

Those desolation center shows sound amazing. I put an offer a dollar over an already overpriced house today, here is hoping for the following outcome.

The Fall

[YouTube]D36kOzop6oo[/YouTube]

Last edited:
Those desolation center shows sound amazing.

I really enjoyed hearing Mr Swezey speak after the documentary ... :thumbup

in other sad news today:

[YOUTUBE]-_QEbkf3ylQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]dAaPFFgCVwU[/YOUTUBE]

The bottles stand as empty, as they were filled before.
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more.
Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few:
Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.

Ship of fools on a cruel sea, ship of fools sail away from me.
It was later than I thought, when I first believed you,
Now I cannot share your laughter, ship of fools.

godspeed Mr Robert Hunter ... :rose

Last edited:
Captain Beefheart

[YouTube]LpHgG4jILa0[/YouTube]

Zager and Evans

[YouTube]zKQfxi8V5FA[/YouTube]

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]O3vGVR770WE[/YOUTUBE]

Godspeed Ms. Norman ... :rose

In a sign of her international stature, Ms. Jessye Norman was tapped to sing “La Marseillaise” in Paris on the 200th anniversary of Bastille Day — which she did, in dramatic fashion, at the obelisk on the Place de la Concorde before an array of world leaders, wearing a grand tricolor gown designed by Azzedine Alaïa.

Last edited:
Back