• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Other obsessions?

Why get drunk and walk barefoot across the floor silly.
1a5c6f86f7ff833a92f2520f2433e6c3.gif

Reactions: bcj
That's awesome, Tim-That CX Guy! Any recommendations on a good rife for targets and possible home defense? (We live country-adjacent with coyotes and possible mountain lions). I figure, with a lever action and a shoulder strap, I could hold/fire and cycle the lever fairly easily and not have to worry about jamming (like I frequently do on my semi-auto 10-22)

I currently have a Ruger 10-22 and a 6" Colt Python inherited/gifted to me by my dad that I take to the range a few times a year. Been wanting something like a AR15 but decided that it's too much headache in CA... so I've been eyeing getting a Marlin 1894 Lever-Action .357 Magnum, so I can use the same rounds in the pistol and the rifle - I'd thought about going with bigger calibers (eg 30-30) but it just seem to be more practical to go with the option that unifies all my (cheap .38/.357) ammo between the revolver and rifle.

I'm a fan of lever guns, it would be hard to go wrong with a .357 lever.
Target rifle though? They aren't great past 100 yards. Limitation of the cartridge.

Bolt guns, Ruger Americans are great right out of the box.
For the price, it's hard to beat a bolt Savage. Also great shooters right out of the box.

OMG!! I see a barf social event in the future. Sadly, I'm out for this weekend.

I'm down! Set it up :D

:laughing I thought the same too Gwynn. Though, that kinda dancing could throw my back out as easily as riding a dirtbike!

Don't worry, I'll keep it gentle for all the old bones in here :afm199

Back