• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

By now I'm wondering what's wrong people are. Why would they pack a trailer full of trash like this? How do they tow something this big with busted tires and rims, presumably in the middle of night, and dump them on the side of the road? What kind of people are these?
I guess this is why people post NO DUMPING signs.

I see those signs and think "What, so there are places where you're ALLOWED to just dump trash and junk?".

I guess the answer is "yes".

I took this one over the weekend on the Dirtbag ride. It's tasty.

sIwkkYc.jpg

LOVELY. I was nothing but impressed at how you rode that bike down the hill into that field of river rocks, brother. Slicks and all. <3 the dedication.

Thanks! I appreciate the props:Port

do you just have boxes of ohlins shocks sitting around? :laughing

I do have this vendor I use. You may have heard of them... eBay. For some reason if you look for Ohlins snowmobile shocks they are MUCH cheaper than ones for motorcycles. I've found them as low as $100 each. Of course the springs rates and damping are much different than for most motorcycle applications so you have to adapt your design to match the shocks. I've used them on a few of my DBC builds now.:thumbup

Yes, I want my blue frame back. You can leave all the "extra" parts attached.:rofl

Just give me one of your black or red frames and I'll chop it up to match the blue one :ride

Last edited:
Lick Observatory

ZDEZynGh.jpg

This guy got this thing running last night and drove it up from Livermore today:thumbup

OPmyRfZh.jpg

oIar43fh.jpg

San Antonio Valley Road

J7K43ixh.jpg

This guy got this thing running last night and drove it up from Livermore today:thumbup

OPmyRfZh.jpg
:thumbup We need a like button! That is cool.

Hope everyone had a fun, safe holiday weekend. I had hoped to get a few days of riding in but only managed 1. Guess I should feel lucky I got that one in lol.

I8yAlN4.jpg

nUEZMdm.jpg

The sun never wants to cooperate with my pictures lol

ljzrrkW.jpg

Lclk8K9.jpg

AsReRG0h.jpg

It was my bike for 10 days :x I rented it.

Wife and me coming down Stelvio Pass in Italy.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• UK Trip 2019 222.jpg
    UK Trip 2019 222.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 263
  • UK Trip 2019 223.jpg
    UK Trip 2019 223.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]U760ol0JL6A[/YOUTUBE]

Minute long raw footage on location :laughing, 3rd time shooting in 4K!

Last edited:
Rode around the river this weekend and trying to break her in.

549E9D98-60B7-4382-AFFA-9D80B3AF0F1F_zps5qkivqm3.jpg

Attachments

• 7A34D589-A12B-456C-B57C-A0C4B5DE190B.jpeg
    7A34D589-A12B-456C-B57C-A0C4B5DE190B.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Is that the SM? Any plans for a big-bore kit?:thumbup

She is a DRZ400SM and only has a few hundred miles so probably not a big bore kit now. I would definitely like to get a FCR MX39 carb upgrade.

Attachments

• 32633CDA-318D-466C-B13E-220B1948D4DE.jpg
    32633CDA-318D-466C-B13E-220B1948D4DE.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Took a couple of fairly new-to-the-dirt riders into the hills today. Rode about 50 miles of dirt roads. But first, had a little discussion with the local LEOs about how squeezing through traffic, even without lane splitting, like would be normal in the Bay Area, is not acceptable here in Idaho. :laughing
3lXE1Ur.jpg

Somewhere up on Boise Ridge Rd.
V0kaoVY.jpg

Where we came back down on the other side of the hill.
kLqjqP2.jpg

Saw this in the north shore of Oahu, near Matsumoto Shave Ice (which remodeled in 2016. Now it looks just like any other tourist shop. I like the old country store look before the remodel much better).

Didn't know there was a street legal 450 Sumo.

XLo1u1M.jpg

ZmZkJ7V.jpg

6ikzUyE.jpg

Last edited:
Bear Creek Rd. This ghost ship RV's still there. :thumbdown

tRdxWZl.jpg

Shortly after turning right from Bear Creek on 9, toward Skyline 35.

I was close behind a car looking to pass him when he slammed on the brakes. I was like what's this guy's problem, I braked hard too and then swung left to pass him. As I pulled along side I thought it was deer on the road at first, before realizing the obstacles were fallen tree branches, so I pulled over intended to warn upcoming traffic. The homeowners came out with flashlights, and we pulled the branches off the road. Several cars came to a screeching halt while we did that, despite us waving the flashlights to warn them. One car actually hit a branch. Shortly after we cleared everything a Harley roared past where the branches had been. I'm not sure if he could've seen it and stopped in time.

xGnWegz.jpg

A little farther down on 9

d0BLLED.jpg

Top of 9

ww354xS.jpg

Back