Photos of your bike on location

Mt Hamilton

5RZHtzW.jpg

aiWXUnB.jpg

I Wonder Where That Road Goes

The goal of this ride was to go up to an area with a lot of side roads and find out where some of them go to. We expected to have to turn around on each of them at some point. This ride didn't turn out as expected. And we felt rather beat up after way too many miles on loose dirt or big potholes getting to the area and back. We only went down one side road and gave up on trying to do the rest.

This road up into the hills starts out as 8th Street in Boise, then turns into Sunset Peak Road. It goes all the way up to Boise Ridge Road that goes north and south many miles along to ridge of the mountain to the east.
kCz0LaM.jpg

They're doing some logging up on parts of Boise Ridge Road. Also chewing up the dirt quite a bit too with the big trucks and other equipment.
68EZffU.jpg

A view to the east. I usually post a shot like this each time I go up there.
w3fkVBC.jpg

The lookout at the top of Hawley Mountain. The guy in the rental Jeep was from Michigan looking for interesting places to go in the hills. We gave him a big list of stuff that we like.
YaGUVGb.jpg

Spectacular views at the mountain peaks.
QKPBacX.jpg

Grimes Creek. Grimes Creek Road has more potholes than anywhere else that I've ever been in Idaho. The last time we rode it I decided that I still liked it better than Highway 21. But we are unlikely to ride it again for the rest of the year. Same for most of the other roads from this ride, due to loose dirt either from traffic or recent road grader work. The next few rides will be somewhere else.
I1C0kEy.jpg

Mont Blanc Italy is behind the clouds. Our cable car ride was canceled due to the weather on top. My wife on the RT, I am a lucky man.
IMG_8987.jpeg

Back