• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Turns out we have our own Dragon-style photographer up on Suck Creek! I'll have to go back on the Monkey for a goofy photo. :laughing

Here's a few of the proofs...deciding on which one to buy for a nice framed Beemer shot! :ride :cool

Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 16.50.20.png

Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 16.50.41.png

Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 16.51.01.png

Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 16.51.20.png

Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 16.51.46.png

Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 16.52.03.png

The CLA with smashed windows and keyed body panels on Thursday reminded me of Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood. Glad to see it gone today.

S9qGEH6.jpg

Exploring up above Boise

Yesterday's ride was a solo ride to go exploring in the hills above Boise. Maybe find some single-track stuff and try it out. As soon as I got up to Boise Ridge Road there was a road closed sign for logging activity. Whatever - I'll keep going until I meet some loggers.

The view looking toward Boise, on one of the two new sections of road..
e9Cz2a0.jpg

Yep, they're doing some logging up there. This is where I made the mistake of shutting the bike off. I never was able to get it restarted. Some sort of electrical heat-related issue. I coasted back to where the first photo was taken, had lunch, hoped it had cooled off enough, nope. Time for coasting and pushing.
kUqy7nD.jpg

I stopped at the base of the first hill I would have to push the bike up, checked everything I could think of, including putting in a new plug and nothing worked. Fortunately a guy came by in a truck with a dirt bike in the bed and helped me get up that steep hill. I was able to coast downhill quite a ways, but ended up pushing four or five times - some easy, some hard.

Here I am wondering if I can keep enough momentum to coast up that little bit of uphill way ahead there. Nope, but it wasn't too steep.
bKAs8Z8.jpg

I eventually made it all the way out to pavement and parked it here on the street. It was nine miles from where the bike died. Called my wife's brother who came and got me with a truck and trailer and hauled me back home. It still didn't want to start after getting it home.
aMVoMXc.jpg

And of course, this morning with the bike totally cold it started right up. I'm going to replace the Pulse Generator before doing any more serious riding, because that is known to fail when hot and the one in there now is more than ten years old. I think I'll stick to riding the KTM for a while.

What's the world coming to when someone switches from a Honda to a KTM because of reliability.
I have owned three differnt KTM adventure bikes while I've owned this particular XR650L, and the Honda has been the less reliable bike the whole time. The four Ducatis that I owned before the KTMs were also all more reliable. Maybe whoever comes up with the reliability numbers did it wrong.

… could it be the actual issue with this XR 650 L has never been firmly resolved , causing a continuing reliability issue.
I've owned the thing since 2008. The current issue was resolved about ten years ago, but is now an issue again. So I'll make the same fix. They don't run forever without the occasional issue.

Well... you got some good exercise Scott. :teeth

Never fun, but glad ya made it and know what to do.

Well... you got some good exercise Scott. :teeth
You know, I've been thinking that I need to up my exercise scheme that I normally do three times a week at the YMCA. I don't usually get my heart rate up by much there. Pushing a 350 pound motorcycle up a hill definitely gets it up there.

Maybe I could start by pushing it around my neighborhood a bit. We have a few hills that will get the heart pumping if I do it that way. :laughing

You know, I've been thinking that I need to up my exercise scheme that I normally do three times a week at the YMCA. I don't usually get my heart rate up by much there. Pushing a 350 pound motorcycle up a hill definitely gets it up there.

Maybe I could start by pushing it around my neighborhood a bit. We have a few hills that will get the heart pumping if I do it that way. :laughing
Or start pushing a 500 lb motorcycle 🤣

Back