• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Morning hoerzeses :wave

Freaking boat couldn't be loaded onto the trailer until afyter 11:00PM last night. Now it has to be pressurewashed and brought to Richmond.

We no longer have folks looking through our recycling but when we did, more power to them as t hey didn't leave behind a mess and even if our costs went up 3 bucks a month (I doubt it) I'd rather they get the money than I.

I've heard the same, recology claims to keep trash prices down by getting money from recycling, but they're running a monopoly and can piss off. We do put locks on our bins as they are dumpsters and these days it's the meth heads that raid them, and unlike the other freelance recyclers, they just thrown everything out of the bins while looking for their treasure. Locks get cut off about as fast as we can install them, so our poor janitor gets to clean the sidewalks every morning. The folks that just pick out the food stuff and don't leave a mess I don't mind a bit

Reactions: GAJ
Lol. If they cared that much they'd give you a damn lock. You guys crack me up.
I lock them myself. :twofinger
I've heard the same, recology claims to keep trash prices down by getting money from recycling, but they're running a monopoly and can piss off.
Recology is employee owned so that means they're just screwing themselves. :laughing

Also, how is it a monopoly when the municipalities keep selecting them from the list of bidders? Could be political corruption that they keep getting the contract, but that's not a monopoly.

Oh well, maybe they just suck? I've found their customer service to be... Non existent, and I have never had a say in who we select, so I'm sure whomever is voting for said municipality is getting some funding to do so. Also, I can't imagine how we'd get ride of them, they own property and have everything locked down, it'd be chaos to try and shift to someone with no footprint in the bay

Oh well, maybe they just suck? I've found their customer service to be... Non existent, and I have never had a say in who we select, so I'm sure whomever is voting for said municipality is getting some funding to do so. Also, I can't imagine how we'd get ride of them, they own property and have everything locked down, it'd be chaos to try and shift to someone with no footprint in the bay
Um, there are literally two other major haulers with a physical presence all over the Bay Area. The reality may be that they don't want to deal with SF. :laughing

separate issues.

a company, sucking or not, is one issue

if someone steals the stuff you've put out for that particular company, is a separate issue.

these are problems i don’t have here in oregonistan.
which is why I was susprised chess was tarting a thread about it... 14 years ago :rofl

So y'all know I've been ranting about my new roommate the past couple weeks.

We squashed those problems last night. He knocked on my door and my first thought was "What the fuck do you want?" He just wanted to talk.

He wanted to apologize for the stuff he's been doing since he moved in. Unilaterally just moving shit around without telling us to the point sometimes we can't even find things and have to ask where they are and not communicating in general. I apologized because my words and my response to that nonsense was harsh and could have been handled better. Then we talked about a bunch of random topics. We're probably not going to be friends but being civil is good for the household. I don't know if he had this same kind of conversation with our other roommate. I'm assuming not because he's more passive and probably didn't have the level of grievances I had.

It was never my intention to be petty or mean. My perspective was always that you can't move into a house with 2 people that have been here for 6 years and 4 years and just start changing shit to your liking without even having a conversation about it.

This doesn't change that this is probably my last year in this house. The only reason I moved here is because I wanted to live with my 2 great friends and the house was about equidistant to all our jobs. It made sense. And it was great. But now it's just 3 random people co-existing in the same house. I'm getting too old for that to be a thing if it doesn't have to be. I also don't really care to be living with 2 dudes that are younger than my little sister.

Back