• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

update :
alternator: seems fine
battery: seems fine 12.59 V off 13.91 V on

fuses
(just for you Nate): like a gazillion have been pulled (in two boxes!) --all fine. I didn't pull the 50 A fuses. (About four 40 and 50 A. ) They're so huge you can see the metal inside from the top

- contact/10mm of battery - seems fine. Kinda clean(under its cover) actually.

Dunno :dunno might be real ECU/Immobilizer / loose wire somewhere inside issue.

I'm so proud of myself right now*. There was a long oak branch at ~35 degrees hanging over the area where I wanted the concrete pad and things happened so fast with the contractor that I didn't have time to get to it before the pour, so I knew I'd be taking it down after the pour, but was worried about dropping it on the pad and breaking it. Yesterday I trimmed back everything but about 25ft of 12in diameter trunk, which would almost certainly be bad if it fell on the pad. It was only overhanging by about 3ft from the end, so I cut a t-post to size to use as a kickstand, then cut the branch at the base about 3/4 of the way through, but made the cut nearly vertical, then just rocked it back on forth until it was loose enough to push it over by hand and away from the pad. Worked perfect, totally uneventful.

*Should have just done it long beforehand to avoid even the possibility of an issue.

I'm so proud of myself right now*. There was a long oak branch at ~35 degrees hanging over the area where I wanted the concrete pad and things happened so fast with the contractor that I didn't have time to get to it before the pour, so I knew I'd be taking it down after the pour, but was worried about dropping it on the pad and breaking it. Yesterday I trimmed back everything but about 25ft of 12in diameter trunk, which would almost certainly be bad if it fell on the pad. It was only overhanging by about 3ft from the end, so I cut a t-post to size to use as a kickstand, then cut the branch at the base about 3/4 of the way through, but made the cut nearly vertical, then just rocked it back on forth until it was loose enough to push it over by hand and away from the pad. Worked perfect, totally uneventful.

*Should have just done it long beforehand to avoid even the possibility of an issue.
great job penorface!

confused-no.gif

My favorite is bumping old threads from before we got all uptight, threads with stuff that's a little cringey today. I love that feeling of discomfort.

Like being at someone else's house when they start arguing in front of you, that's the best.

Back