• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

prepping for touring

btw: the standard tool kit that comes with most beamers today (or in the least mine) was a handle and a double sided phillips/starshaped (Torx) screwdriver for the handle. :(

had to go out and make my own for the trip.

Thats a real shame,

When I replaced the transmission on mr r65 the only tool I needed that wasnt in the factory kit was a 24mm socket. And the tools where good as well.

/ the BMW took kits are pretty complete so you probably won't need any tools.
/

You haven't bought a BMW lately have you? :laughing My kit came with a screwdriver, ten and 12 mm wrenches, and a tool for opening the oil filler cap. :rofl

You haven't bought a BMW lately have you? :laughing My kit came with a screwdriver, ten and 12 mm wrenches, and a tool for opening the oil filler cap. :rofl

This. Current BMW toolkits are sparse and the contents cheap. Save the oil filler thingy and toss the rest out. Proceed to reputable seller of tools and assemble what you need.

That's way more than the one for Honda ST1300 -- a sinlge allen wrench in a 5"x7" pouch :rofl

Back