• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Push Day Ride

I want to come play up in lake county with you sometime. Let me know when you're ready to ride like you're back in preschool. :laughing

I want to come play up in lake county with you sometime. Let me know when you're ready to ride like you're back in preschool. :laughing

I like riding regardless of pace or technical level. :thumbup I'd like to do some gravel road exploring around the lost cost as well. Most all of my riding is dirt only, so I really havent done any country road exploration which would be fun in itself. I'm usually up north Mon-Thurs, but can always make an exception if we plan a ride.

And there is the CdR. Rates are even cheaper than Meth Motel in Ukiah, though the accommodations are a step or two lower. :laughing

CJ, I'd be happy to show you some of what I know up north. I would need it to be on a weekend, unfortunately, but let's plan! I am fine with CdR. Have thermarest, will travel.

Hi Leo! Yes I love the DR. It's been a great bike. How is your KLR treating you?

KLR is strictly a work bike. Damn reliable so far, but its just for hauling my ass (and my ladder) around town. I have the utmost respect for anyone who takes one of them offroad (SFMCJohn, Cabrito, etc.). You'd never catch me doing it.

Wait what?! Ladder on the klr? Pics please!

Wait what?! Ladder on the klr? Pics please!

Ok, don't mean to hijack your thread, John, but since you asked...

:thumbup:laughing

KLR is strictly a work bike ...
You'd never catch me doing it.

... yer smarter than me! :ride

20160917-212602.jpg

god bless Kawasaki! :party

Last edited:
NAP TIME!!!!

I have seen John scoot on his KLR. I rode Cabrito's for a while in Baja. It was easier than my Strom in the sand.

I still hate sand.

John when are we gonna go for a ride?

NAP TIME!!!!

I have seen John scoot on his KLR. I rode Cabrito's for a while in Baja. It was easier than my Strom in the sand.

I still hate sand.

John when are we gonna go for a ride?

"... better in the sand than a Wee!" :laughing

I'm working
a graveyard shift right now so basically off
tomorrow, if you have a chance
for coffee and ride planning ...? :ride

^ yes I do in the am (like 9?) Or around 1230? Text me. I'll bring maps.

Or whenever works for you

Last edited:
Thx for sharing.

Major coincidence! I was up :ride'ing through cave Junction/kerby/Selma/Merlin/galice/wolf creek 9/12-16. My first time in the area, it was quite an eye opener.

Thx for sharing.

Major coincidence! I was up :ride'ing through cave Junction/kerby/Selma/Merlin/galice/wolf creek 9/12-16. My first time in the area, it was quite an eye opener.

I almost feel like you're stalking me. :laughing

I'm totally kidding and glad you liked it up there. Oregon has some wonderful places to ride.

Don't be skurred, I just have an affinity for the same type of riding as you. Oobs will vouch for me.:gsxrgrl

I'm so NOT skurred. I hope my ride reports give you some fun ideas for new places you haven't ridden yet. :)

Don't be skurred, I just have an affinity for the same type of riding as you. Oobs will vouch for me.:gsxrgrl

You both can pack on more miles per day than me, I think in motoland you two would get along quite well!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for including us along on this ride. This and a glass of wine is exactly what the Dr. ordered. :ride

If you want to ride REALLY hugely giggly slow wanna ride with me?

another great RR, Reama. I have yet to do 162, great pics too :teeth

John, do it!!!! I guarantee you'll like it.

Gwynne, yes! Especially if we can go on some dirt roads and you can give me some pointers. :)

Caution

Thank you so much for including us along on this ride. This and a glass of wine is exactly what the Dr. ordered. :ride

If you want to ride REALLY hugely giggly slow wanna ride with me?

I'm still scarred from chasing her up 395 near Canyon City Oregon and thinking about those spindly Shinko's and backing off to avoid the impending carnage:rofl.
Stay in the dirt with her Gwynne!

Lot's of good stuff here in this RR..

Thanks for taking us along.

Back