• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

RIP Officer Tuan Le

DJNick

Oldschool
Moto(s)
2019 SD GT
Name
Who?
Oakland Officer Tuan Le who was affectionately know as Tuna and who was also a BARFer and a friend, died in the line of duty today. Condolences to all that knew him, may he Rest in Peace. :rip

Attachments

• Tunna RIP.jpg
    Tunna RIP.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Tunna.jpg
    Tunna.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 35
…….Tuan :rip

Nick.
Sorry for your loss and all those that loved Tuna. :rose

Great nickname… he looks full of life. Very sad……

R.I.P. Officer Tuan Le. My condolences to your loved ones and follow riders.

Another pic with Tuna that brings back happy memories.

Attachments

• Redwood Group pic.jpg
    Redwood Group pic.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 64
Oh wow, I read about this in the news.
Some worthless scum burglarizing a cannabis store in Oakland shot him and got away.
I hope they catch the guy soon.

Thank you for your service Officer Tuan Le. :rip
Thoughts and prayers to family, friends and fellow riders.

hate to be a full-on asshole, but am feeling more pissed than nice. is oakland fucked up or what? how the fuck is it that he shows up in less than full tactical gear? undercover or not. at least wear a fucking vest. we can't afford to lose dudes like this.

so sorry. he has a nice face. great smile. too much to live for. and it pisses me off to lose a man like that.

I will answer the how was it question// speculation; officer Tuan Le was likely shot through the front windshield … in the head just before the two vehicles collided.

God bless his soul.

RIP Officer Tuan Le. Thank you for your service to our community.

:rose :flag
Ride In Paradise Officer Tuan Le.

Is this the same Tuan that rode with the Redwood Road crowd?

Last edited:
Prayers for family and friends of Officer Tuan Le. Thank you for your service to the community.

hate to be a full-on asshole, but am feeling more pissed than nice. is oakland fucked up or what? how the fuck is it that he shows up in less than full tactical gear? undercover or not. at least wear a fucking vest. we can't afford to lose dudes like this.

so sorry. he has a nice face. great smile. too much to live for. and it pisses me off to lose a man like that.

Yes, Oakland is F-ed up. They’ve been without a police chief since Feb when the mayor fired the one she inherited.
The police commission took 10 months to put forward 3 candidates - one was the same guy the mayor fired, the next one is the chief of the San Leandro PD who is on leave pending an investigation. WTF!!
The 3rd one is the assistant chief of Tucson who might be ok since he’s an outsider.

The mayor rejected all 3 names and a new list is due March 1st

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/oakland-mayor-sheng-thao-police-chief-candidates/3407450/

Last edited:
Seems he brought that smile to a difficult job from the reporting. Well liked and respected. :flag

Hope the arrests lead to the shooter and a justice that won't be enough for those feeling the loss :rose

Godspeed Officer Le

Wow, that sucks!

My wife said he had a family, from the news report.

I don't think I met him, but sounds like a great dude and well liked on the force.

:rip officer Le.

Back