• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

RIP Officer Tuan Le

While driving East on 580 yesterday I saw Fire Department trucks and personnel standing in the rain on I believe every overpass in Oakland and some beyond. The church was packed! It was quite a send off!

I hope the courts spend as much energy insuring that the people found guilty in this crime are never allowed the chance to walk the streets again.

It is my understanding that the entire crew involved with the event that night has been captured. I also understand that if you are involved with a burglary that turns into Murder, you can be charged with murder too. If true, that may be more than the thieves wanted to bite off, but something to consider when you plan a heist with armed folks. You know the saying: Play stupid games win.......

Hope all involved get what's coming their way regardless.

Hope all involved get what's coming their way regardless.[/QUOTE

DA Pamela Price is seeking life without the possibility of parole for the shooter which is the most she can do.
Thanks to Newsom's ban there is no death penalty which I think ought to be on the table for crimes like this.
Just my opinion.

I havent been on barf in years andfor some reason decided this morning to check in.

I didnt know tuan as well as others on barf but he was a good soul. He had that big brother energy that was a joy to be around. I'll pray for his family and for the rest of the old RWR crew.

Hope all involved get what's coming their way regardless.

DA Pamela Price is seeking life without the possibility of parole for the shooter which is the most she can do.
Thanks to Newsom's ban there is no death penalty which I think ought to be on the table for crimes like this.
Just my opinion.

Gotta say, if the consequences fit the crime, I'm willing the bet that the crime rate will decreased especially violent crimes like in this case.

Last edited:
Pamela Price is one of these wacky fringe DA's that only got elected because <PTRAP Snip> Her whole shtick is keeping criminals out of jail. Only reason she may not go soft in this case, is because the perp robbed a dispensary and the police may (and should) completely riot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh.

Nice to see the police union took donations to cover the check. The city sucks.

Once again, the City likely sent notices out to everyone on the earlier overpayment recovery effort as standard practice and didn't differentiate from Tuan Le. Accounting job function.

The city of Oakland later told KTVU on Wednesday that it had waived the request for repayment after learning of the situation.

"There is no need for further action by Officer Le’s family, and we consider the matter closed," the city said. Adding, "The City stands with Officer Le’s family and apologizes for any distress or inconvenience this issue has caused for them, and we will continue our unwavering support."

I'm sure this was a gut punch to his widow, kinda like when a grandparent on S.S. dies before the end of the month and you have to return the unearned funds. Unfortunately accounting practices don't run on feelings.
So glad the Union stepped up!

Back