• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Safety, Service & Security :CHP

Like the Sheriff's Deputy yesterday that pulled someone over on ECR, parking his SUV on a corner, in a bus stop - right as the bus was getting there - and created a condition of such poor visibility that someone merging from a side street nearly got hit (not me).

As I drove away, I wondered: if there had been an accident, could the Deputy be cited for contributing?

That's why they have bright flashy-lights on top of the patrol vehicles. So, no, the Deputy couldn't be cited.

Also, how would the visibilty be any different if a bus was stopped there vs the RV?

Would you come back in 72 hrs to tow it or does it require an additional call?

The Officer moved it IFO the kreepy neighbor's house (think Ted Kaczynski), so it's his problem now.:laughing

Depends. Being that I work 12 hour shifts there's a good chance that I would be on days off when the 72 hours has elapsed and no guarantee that I'll be working that beat the rest of the week or the week after. For something like that (where it was called in) I would make a definite effort to go back or ask that someone else does.

Another call wouldn't hurt though. :thumbup

That's why they have bright flashy-lights on top of the patrol vehicles. So, no, the Deputy couldn't be cited.

Also, how would the visibilty be any different if a bus was stopped there vs the RV?
probably that RV couldn't legally stop there

Back