• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Awesome Videos Thread!

Glorious, awe inspiring, a great achievement f/Nasa, & all humankind.

Today's generation may not realize the great space missions; I do. I've followed them closely since the 1st Mercury missions as a child.

That video sent a chill of the sheer "vastness" of the mission, raising the hair on the back of my neck, & almost bringing a tear :cry at the end.

So long Cassini; may the future remember you....:cool

$40 million dollar car being driven like nobody cares what its worth.
[youtube]07tl0LdN6uM[/youtube]

Last edited:
That car should be put up on a pedestal and admired only.
At $40M does that mean a windshield would cost $600K

Well I dunno about anyone else, but I cheered on each pass he made, especially that last Jaguar, where he was pressing deep in to the corner before he backed off.

If you can't race these things, what's the point.

If you can afford a $40M car, you can afford to fix it.

As much as I cringe at each close call, yeah, if you can afford a $40m car and want to race it, by all means go nuts. I love that Rowan Atkinson was so in love with his McLaren he fixed it each time he crashed it and continued to drive the hell out of it. Sold it for something like $15,000,000 after 2 wrecks and something like $1,000,000 in repairs too.

ninja edit - http://jalopnik.com/rowan-atkinson-just-sold-his-twice-crashed-mclaren-f1-f-1710189175
$1.4 million repair bill - the SECOND crash. Unknown on first one. Purchased for $640,000-ish, sold for $12,000,000.

Pretty cool them playing kids toys. :laughing

Old avatar. I cycle thru every few months.

One car, all this beautiful noise

I would love to rip in one of these

[youtube]dXVRdSbKDT8[/youtube]

Last edited:
Back