• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Bikeriders

Eldritch

is insensitive
Moto(s)
Honda 919: Apocalypse Edition
Name
Asmodeus
[youtube]PYioWaFdp70[/youtube]

This cast looks fucking dynamite.

It was supposed to be out last year but got delayed for a reason I don't remember. My local theater still has the original movie poster that says December 1.

But yeah, I'll be watching.

The title is intoxicating, very mysterious/clever.

Can this frigging guy turn off his Elvis voice finally?

It was supposed to be out last year but got delayed for a reason I don't remember. My local theater still has the original movie poster that says December 1.

But yeah, I'll be watching.
I guess the SAG strike screwed up the schedule but it looks cool for sure.

I guess the SAG strike screwed up the schedule but it looks cool for sure.
Doubt it. A lot of movies got delayed because of that while they were still filming or stuck in the post production phase.

This movie was already in the can at that time. Either way, whatever. We're still getting it and I'm excited.

It's been awhile since I've been really excited for a movie. 24 bucks a month for movie pass and the theater is walking distance from my home, I like a lot of movies but usually it's because it's just convenient to go watch [insert movie] because I can.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie with Tom Hardy that I didn't like.

Doubt it. A lot of movies got delayed because of that while they were still filming or stuck in the post production phase.

This movie was already in the can at that time. Either way, whatever. We're still getting it and I'm excited.

It's been awhile since I've been really excited for a movie. 24 bucks a month for movie pass and the theater is walking distance from my home, I like a lot of movies but usually it's because it's just convenient to go watch [insert movie] because I can.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie with Tom Hardy that I didn't like.
It was the SAG strike. Actors weren’t able to promote any movie during the strike so they held off on the release. Exact same thing happened to A Quiet Place 2.

Hey, a Biker movie with Tom Hardy, Michael Shannon, and Norman Reedus starring? I kind of already love this picture.

It was the SAG strike. Actors weren’t able to promote any movie during the strike so they held off on the release. Exact same thing happened to A Quiet Place 2.
Fair enough. Thanks for telling me(us) that.
But as I know and said, the movie was still in the can. But I'm all for the SAG strike and agree with their frustrations.

Looks good. I love the biker shit.

As SFMCJohn pointed out in a previous post months ago it is based on the book and photos by Danny Lyon....
It's not a true story, but was inspired by real events. His photos, like this one, are famous for capturing a sub-culture of the postwar/pre-60s era of rebellion.

Attachments

• IMG_2955.jpeg
    IMG_2955.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 56
Bikers becoming outlaws.

I think that's been done before.

I'll wait for it on cable.

Thats the best movie I've ever seen and I haven't even seen it yet.

there’s a preview show of The Bikeriders movie—that you can get free passes for, at teh Metreon in SF at 7pm on June 18th, 2024.

more info in our Xen-BARF poli-stink:

Poli-Sink meet-up IRL opportunities, 2024
(you have to scroll down to the last post in that thread)

preview showing on 06/18/24 may be a bit of the gathering of the SF Bay Area motorcycle clans … w00t! :ride

Last edited:
At the 7 second mark they show knobby tires and plastic fenders, I call bullshit on this period piece. POS.

^^:thumbup

yes … and I’m not impressed with all the FLH-style H-Ds in the previews … would be nice to see more K and Sportster style stuff, and more English motorcycles.

happy I won’t be paying to see it on 06/18/24—I’m pretty sure I’m probably going to be dissatisfied. :laughing:ride

hopefully Mr Hardy’s character will redeem things a bit …

edit: my wife just told me the movie is 83% critic-reaction on Rotten Tomatoes … :dunno

Last edited:
As SFMCJohn pointed out in a previous post months ago it is based on the book and photos by Danny Lyon....
It's not a true story, but was inspired by real events. His photos, like this one, are famous for capturing a sub-culture of the postwar/pre-60s era of rebellion.
JohndiceZX9-

What a great photo. That looks like it was taken on one of our local bridges, Carquinez??? I'm not a fan of "(outlaw)biker gangs". Although, I have always admired the Soul Brothers out of East Palo Alto. They had members of every race- so I thought that they were cool.

I think that particular photo was taken in Louisville... Lyon worked mostly out of Chicago.

Lyon's photography is as historical as it is stark. He was the "official" photographer for SNCC and captured many iconic images of the early Civil Rights Movement as well.

Back