The Bikeriders

ultimatums are funny things. more malleable than we might think. but the point is well taken. differences are common. if they are more important than how two people feel about each at their core, then it likely wouldn’t be the one and only ultimatum challenging their relationship. misery averted. along with more than a few ‘go fuck yourself’s’.

:thumbup

it’s an interesting issue to contemplate, within the plot of the movie, the nature of our ultimatums—the expectations and demands drama between the three main characters could just as easily been set on a fishing boat, I suppose.

the end of the movie, or the final resolution, was compelling in that regard—when the credits rolled the reaction of the audience of mostly motorcycle people I saw the preview with was certainly subdued.

that 70% of the dialogue in the movie came from things people actually said into Mr Lyon’s seven-pound tape recorder in the early 1960s probably, for me, helped the movie seem less clichéd than the typical biker flick, but otoh complaining about clichés in a movie about motorcycle clubs is a little like complaining about horses and shootouts in a western, maybe. :laughing :angel

Last edited:
My partner and I both saw the movie tonite. I liked it, she did too. I think the ending would have been more interesting had he not smiled at the end, but that's just my opinion. Great casting.

I was wondering about the difference from Chicago, and Calif. What don't I know about life in Illinois.
This dirt bike racer club, followed a cheap B movie for a "How to be a biker" ??
They had competition licenses to race AMA, where is that 1% of competitors, that cheated/lost their licenses, and couldn't compete?
Lots of nice bikes, too nice? I remember daily rides, and riders, from back in the day here in Ca.
Never seen undressed dressers, with full tins, as bobbed? It was all about buying cheaper, CHP Pans, and Shovels, with oil control issues, not showroom new for young blue collar workers.

Confused

Back