I'm pretty certain we still subsidize the meat and dairy industries? I think one huge contributor would be if we ate less meat and dairy, as far as climate change and general environmental harm.
Might as well add reducing corn subsidies and put that money into something more efficient. The production of ethanol, requires more energy to produce than you could possibly get out of it, last time I checked over a decade ago.
I'm not sure you were watching the same video. There was a speed drop-off, but it was at more like 120 or 130. You can tune those motors to deliver power in a way that will put them into crazy speeds. Rimac is doing just that getting up to speeds in the of like 226 MPH.
Except for the very specific noise, there isn't much in terms of performance that an EV can't deliver but an normal engine can. On the other hand it took one of the biggest auto conglomerates over a billion dollars in money, and around a decade of dedicated time researching to make a reliable engine that delivers more than 1000 Horsepower in a supercar, in 2005. Only 11 years later Rimac, a comparatively tiny Croatian supercar manufacturer, was able to get an electric motor into the 1300 HP range in it's first production car.
Then there is the problems with heat and battery maintenance for EV at high rates of speed. No point in nitpicking details, but again, there is no clear case of EV outperforming ICE in every way. High Speed Endurance Racing Belongs to gasoline still. We were talking stock vehicles, and I know some guys are having fun doing some slow ass Cannonball Runs in EV now, but the tech just hasn't caught up there yet. Battery tech will probably need two more generations before it is better at that stuff. If you regularly drive over 20+ MPH over the limit, ICE vs EV shouldn't be the biggest concern in your life. IMO.


I reckon you don't drive much in the Yay Area.
![]()
I drove in the bay area for years and could probably count the number of times I went above 90 in my car on one hand.
A few more on the bike, but even then, not many.

I'm pretty certain we still subsidize the meat and dairy industries? I think one huge contributor would be if we ate less meat and dairy, as far as climate change and general environmental harm.
I'm pretty certain we still subsidize the meat and dairy industries? I think one huge contributor would be if we ate less meat and dairy, as far as climate change and general environmental harm.

Cruising speed for people on most freeways these days is 75-80mph. If you do not believe in driving in packs with people, 90mph is just necessary for passing.![]()
I drove in the bay area for years and could probably count the number of times I went above 90 in my car on one hand.
A few more on the bike, but even then, not many.
A fair amount of America believes that red meat is something that is okay to eat daily... it's not surprising so many die of heart disease at 60...
I'm a one steak a month kinda guy, I make a real special occasion out of it
EDIT: oh and salads, those are good for you too... "hAhA yOu eAt mY fOOds FooD" - goes the obese guy

A fair amount of America believes that red meat is something that is okay to eat daily... it's not surprising so many die of heart disease at 60...
I'm a one steak a month kinda guy, I make a real special occasion out of it
EDIT: oh and salads, those are good for you too... "hAhA yOu eAt mY fOOds FooD" - goes the obese guy
Nothing wrong with chicken in a salad!
I'm pretty certain we still subsidize the meat and dairy industries? I think one huge contributor would be if we ate less meat and dairy, as far as climate change and general environmental harm.
F'reals. As long as it's not breaded and you're using at least a semi-translucent dressing, you're probably doing okay, imo.
Chicken ceasar is prob my fave all time.
...at a salad farm next to I5.
...at a salad farm next to I5.