• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Gas Prices

I just looked back at post #2 in this thread when diesel here was just $7.15 a gallon

What a bargain!!!!
 
Screenshot_20260921-110006_Gallery.jpg
 
Prices have not increased life is good your reality is not true


That sort of thing...and me being facetious
 
Until electricity prices start going through the roof, too.
Well, we already have the highest electricity rates in the continental US (I think HI is #1 overall) but yeah, PG&E is on the side of their shareholders, not the public.
 
Well, we already have the highest electricity rates in the continental US (I think HI is #1 overall) but yeah, PG&E is on the side of their shareholders, not the public.
"We" is subjective......It really depends on where you live. I too live in California, but our rates depend on the provider/location. At home, it's dirt cheap in comparison to my shop located 2.3 miles away. Home is a city run utility and shop is PG&E......

The business rate is higher than the residential rate, but in comparison......Residential PG&E customers pay 3-5X more for a comparable city utility customer depending on season and time of use.

I recently was watching a YouTube solar video where the guy was quoting his all in electric rate at $0.61kWh somewhere in the eastern US.

My Buddy in Bend, Oregon was asking me about solar and IF it would be worth putting on his home, so we broke out his power bill......He was only paying a flat $0.093kWh and that included taxes to take down the hydro dams on the Klammath!!!??? Uh, no.....the payback was longer than the equipment might be functioning?

For reference, our rate at home is a flat $0.164kWh all in including taxes and fees. We also have and owned solar system on an NEM1 agreement that covers 98-102% of our consumption depending on the year. IF I drove a lot, the EV argument could be made for sure, but my 1100 mile annual commute continues to make sense driving my 35yo gasoline fired Jeep. Over the past few years, the only time we really leave town is to meet up with BARF'ers at rallys and many times that's on bikes where the EV offering just isn't there yet.
 
Last edited:
Are you referring to Pioneer Energy where councilmembers voted to give themselves a second paying "job" to "run" an administrative energy company that fools people into ignoring their scam just because they shaved a quarter penny off of their rates..? if so, I'd like to talk to you about an amazing opportunity with ACN...
 
EV owners are laughing.
Maybe
Insurance on my 01 suburban is much less than any EV out there.

I do often wonder on the mindless ownership of an EV. Its become an appliance. Zero thinking. Minimal maintenance. There are some benefits to that but also limitations.
 
Are you referring to Pioneer Energy where councilmembers voted to give themselves a second paying "job" to "run" an administrative energy company that fools people into ignoring their scam just because they shaved a quarter penny off of their rates..? if so, I'd like to talk to you about an amazing opportunity with ACN...
City of Alameda has municipal power that is significantly cheaper than PG&E
 
Back
Top