“This is my fucking road”

In regards to knowing the road and outriding your sight lines, I was on a road I ride every single day going the speed limit and I came upon a lost idiot in a Tesla making a U-Turn in a blind corner blocking the entire road! I BARELY had time to come to a stop...

He made sure to let me know he was sorry by waving...SMH
:mad::mad::mad:

You never know what lies around the next bend...ride accordingly.

Something similar happened to me many years ago. Came around a corner to find a car making a u-turn and blocking both lanes. I got that ‘oh shit I’m dead’ feeling but somehow luckily got the bike slowed walking pace about 5-10ft from the drivers door, and I eased off the brakes and put a decent sized dent in the door (enough to shatter the rolled down window).

I immediately jumped of my bike and moved it to a safe spot less than 100ft down the road. The driver comes over and is pissed. He wanted me to follow him to the nearest pay phone to call the CHP. I told him I’d be happy to tell the CHP what he was doing to cause the ‘crash’. He did a 3-Mississippi and walked to his car and drove away.

All of those guys are slow up on the hill, but they won't recognize this until they ride a closed course. Road speed is exhilarating. Closed course is technical, repeatable and specifically measurable...and that's where the heartbreak comes for these types of riders.
So Berto I think I can call you KFG while I'm a back marker, but at the track I'm working on specific skills: braking, hitting the apex and throttle control. Those skills come into play in the canyons but not so much on the commute. A lot of street riding is knowing where the danger hides and being ready for it, on the track those of us who wish they're fast get to try and be consistent in our inputs but quite often just get carried away with trying to pass that other rider.
Better to be slow in the hills and fast at the track.

Back