2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

You all should watch Rob's video with Albon. He explains it very well in short time. It's a speed of adaption formula and the answer kicked out of that formula is that Max is quicker at adapting to changes in the the cars manners. A feel thing, from what I'm understanding.

That was a great video. It shows how Max gets better and better, while others don't quite have the same rate of increase.

It makes everyone else look slower, but it's just Max improving at a faster rate.

Yeah, exactly. He has a highly intimate understanding of the car. I really like how Albon explained it. The interview also makes me like Albon more as well.

I think Max's teammate will be Checo (80%) or Sainz (20%). I think either Yuki or Daniel will be replaced by Liam, prob Daniel.

Sainz would make an interesting teammate....

That's another reason why Checo will stay there :cry:laughing

Plus, I doubt RB will bother trying to match Audi's offer to Sainz... assuming that offer is larger than Checo's contract(s).

Last edited:
Think if Max is thinking of leaving in the next 2-3 years, they make a push for Sainz.

Interesting.

Red Bull design chief Adrian Newey is to leave the team in the wake of the controversy involving allegations about team principal Christian Horner.

Newey, regarded as the greatest Formula 1 designer in history, has told Red Bull he wants to move on, BBC Sport has learned.

The 65-year-old has been unsettled by the situation at Red Bull since Horner was accused of sexual harassment and coercive, abusive behaviour by a female employee, which Horner denies.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/cmm3v9ny78eo

Newey will probably just work on his other projects full time.

He apparently has only been spending 50% of his time on F1, he just got pulled back into F1 because they needed him badly to win more Championships.

What else does he have to prove in F1?

Well, he was part of Williams when they were dominant and I have heard that Ferrari has been "talking" to him.

So, just a thought, he could go to Williams (unlikely) and bring them back from the grave. If he does this, it would prove beyond a doubt that he is the best. Or, I wonder if Hamilton signing with Ferrari has something to do with the "talks" with Mr. Newey.

Last edited:
What would really level the playing field is if there is a new design change and Newey isn't involved in implementing it.

Awful lot of money for the provenance. Even for the biggest Senna fan.

A year ago, I had a client who bought a museum piece 1994 in Brooklands Green (kind of a rare color). Absolutely perfect condition wise. I freshened it up (fluids, timing belt, etc) and made it absolutely perfect. Only 6-7k miles on it. Still had the original window sticker and all. All in, he was in it for mid $100k range.

My only request for Newey is to strike Horner in that very punchable face of his.

I like Colin Jost on SNL, long time writer, and cohost of their "news" segment.

Hilarious title to his memoir.

41z9a6CwqGL._SY445_SX342_.jpg

What would really level the playing field is if there is a new design change and Newey isn't involved in implementing it.

Some chance there. The teams can’t work on the new cars until next year IIRC. So if Newey can get out of his contract by then, we’ll be good. But if he serves out his contract, we all know what he’ll be asked to do.

I believe if Newey leaves RB at the end of this year they will hold him to the remaining year (end of 2025) on his contract and enforce the three year "No Compete" clause.

RB's fear is that others on the design staff not under contract will leave.

Back