2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

Newey is the difference maker, when he leaves RB they will see their advantage trickle away as when he left before.

Then things will get interesting again, in F1.

It's confirmed that Newey is leaving RB in Q1 2025. Some publications are suggesting he got out of any non-compete and is free to work for another team.

Yeah. Right.

In other news.....

https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/u...from-liberty-over-andretti-f1-block/10605499/

Congress must be all caught up with dealing with the things the were elected to do...

:rofl:rofl But seriously... :nchantr They made it clear a few years ago that Team Andretti weren't ready yet (so much for nepotism). I wonder if Dixon - the most accomplished driver in there - could get the nod with Chip G. ? I'm guessing too that F1 doesn't want to subsidize any more below par constructors or teams with their money as they do with the lower teams like HAAS.

I....have....no....clue.:confused

A new first time winner this week WOULD be nice however. I haven't looked at the weather yet.

One has to cheer for Ricciardo in the Sprint after his great qualifying result.

Mercedes?

Not so much.

Ricciardo lost his magic in qualifying for the featue.

Should be an interesting race....other than who is going to win.

1. Max Verstappen, Red Bull

2 Charles Leclerc, Ferrari

3. Carlos Sainz, Ferrari

4. Sergio Perez, Red Bull

5. Lando Norris, McLaren

6. Oscar Piastri, McLaren

7. George Russell, Mercedes

8. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes

9. Nico Hulkenberg, Haas

10. Yuki Tsunoda, RB

11. Lance Stroll, Aston Martin

12. Pierre Gasly, Alpine

13. Esteban Ocon, Alpine

14. Alex Albon, Williams

15. Fernando Alonso, Aston Martin

16. Valtteri Bottas, Sauber

17. Logan Sargeant, Williams

18. Kevin Magnussen, Haas

19. Zhou Guanyu, Sauber

20. Daniel Ricciardo, RB

LANDO!!!!

:thumbup

07af72e0-0b2c-11ef-a94f-d9833abc615e.jpg

Last edited:
:wow beating a RedBull on pace. Way to go Lando!

That whole race was very scrappy. The DRS zones seemed to produce a good balance of keeping the cars closer but not making passes too easy. And that midfield is ridiculously competitive now. more :wow

Max was a perfect sporting gentleman in defeat and gave credit to Lando and McLaren. :thumbup

LeClerc and his starts... :facepalm

Was the only DNF Sargent? :wow

K-Mag and his penalties... :wtf

Angela Cullen, Lewis's former physio/assistant is now working with a fellow Kiwi, Marcus Armstrong, in Indy Car.

Did not see that coming but well deserved as Verstappen could at no point close the gap and made no excuses.

Aston Martin fading is odd.

Alpine, a factory team no less, is embarrassing.

Max was a perfect sporting gentleman in defeat and gave credit to Lando and McLaren. :thumbup

LeClerc and his starts... :facepalm

Was the only DNF Sargent? :wow

K-Mag and his penalties... :wtf

Angela Cullen, Lewis's former physio/assistant is now working with a fellow Kiwi, Marcus Armstrong, in Indy Car.
That was the best after race interview that Max has ever given, I've never heard him acknowledge another winner before and say they earned it.

Perhaps he's taking a step in the right direction? We'll see, it's easy to show decency when you won the previous 20 races with a superior car.

I'm starting to think that more or all weekends should be Sprint weekends. The format includes more content that I want to watch.

F1 should add 1-2 post-race public tests to make up for losing FPs to the Sprint format.

agree

I'm starting to think that more or all weekends should be Sprint weekends. The format includes more content that I want to watch.

F1 should add 1-2 post-race public tests to make up for losing FPs to the Sprint format.

Non-diehards of the sport get lost in those long races. The sprint format holds their attention much better (i.e. old dudes, like my 84 year old father:afm199).

I too was very happy to see Lando get the top step and before season's end, I really would like to see Perez get at least one, if not two wins. Sainz again would be great as well. I'm always happy to see a first timer (seasonal or otherwise) snag a V to keep thing interesting.

Back