2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

Well, another parade race, with the top 4 teams ending up where you'd expect them to with Alonso playing spoiler. Boring race.

The Adrien Newey dominance goes on... I don't see much changing for the rest of the season.

Soooo boring. I spent 15 minutes FFW through it. So was the Cup race at Martinsville (except for the 2 lap shootout for the win). The Xfinity race was NOT boring...good action.

Last edited:
Correctamundo

Well, another parade race, with the top 4 teams ending up where you'd expect them to with Alonso playing spoiler. Boring race.

The Adrien Newey dominance goes on... I don't see much changing for the rest of the season.

Yes, when qualifying is more fun to watch than the race, that can be said. As any BARF member knows though, in racing, anything can happen, even F1. I don't wish harm to come to Max but a bad set up weekend or poor result would make it a bit more interesting. Hats off to RB though for their accomplishments.

Remind me, why is Ferrari dumping Sainz? ... oh yeah; Hamilton. :laughing

Lando did alright to recover, was kinda fun watching Alonso/Russell/Piestri in the closing laps... Stroll just looked rather lost.... :dunno

Sainz barely ahead of Hamilton, mind you he did miss one race due to appendicitis.

This time last year Ferrari looked like the better car until Mercedes passed them with late season improvements.

Don't think that will happen this year as Mercedes is barely holding onto fourth in the constructors, one point ahead of Aston Martin.

McLajen is the best Mercedes team and they have no hope it seems of catching Ferrari for second.

Renault/Alpine is a disaster.

To give you an idea of how F1 is faring in the RB domination year the BBC News site doesn't even have a story of the Japanese Grand Prix on their home page.

I wonder if Yuki is feeling pressure from the RB backup driver Ayumu who performed reasonably well during practice.

Yuki just had never really gotten better, but he has a fairly large PR value to the team being the only Japanese driver. This backup guy though, he's also Japanese...

Seems like Max was trying to run the sprint race in Perez mode, then they told him to switch to mode 8 and suddenly he was driving a different car and running 1.5 seconds a lap faster than the leader.

IDK wtf happened to Hamiltons car between the sprint race where he finished 2nd and the qualifying where he didn't even get out of the bottom 5 into Q2. Did he burn his engine up in the sprint race?

So odd that the Mercedes can stay ahead of superior cars (except for VerStappen) if it gets a decent qualifying by a miracle.

They obviously have to figure out how to get the darned car to perform in qualifying considering other Mercedes cars do far far better doing so.

Take the almost automatic win every week for Red Bull out of the equation and just watch everyone else, and this was actually an entertaining race to see. Nepo baby and Magnusson going back and forth for last place was fun.

How much money is papa Stroll willing to waste on his kid.

All of it.

Most other situations where you have a nepo baby situation, maybe a big time movie star gets their kid in a movie or two, they get one maybe two chances, with a small part. And if they’re awful, eventually big wigs/shareholders/board of directors/etc step in and say hey we’re running a business here and we’re in this to make money/win. Your kid is a liability and we just can’t do it.

Lance…who I must say, looks like he’s missing a chromosome or something, has been a liability to AMR for several years now. Unfortunately, nobody is gonna tell the old man they’re wasting a very valuable position on the team to keep his kid on the hunt for a championship. In all this time, he’s only seen a podium one time ever. And a helluva lot of crash outs. He’s not just a liability to the team, but other drivers. Just ask the guy he ass packed today and launched the back his his car a foot in the air.

Daddy Stroll needs to punt his kid to the curb.

Max must be bored leading out front like this. It's not even a challenge for him that car is so good.

Hamilton must have his head already over at Ferrari.

Daddy Stroll needs to punt his kid to the curb.

Max must be bored leading out front like this. It's not even a challenge for him that car is so good.

Hamilton must have his head already over at Ferrari.

Their car is obviously better than anyone elses for sure. Max is a great driver and all, and Perez is pretty good too. But Jesus. I doubt anyone is thinking the car isn’t a huge factor here.

What would be an interesting experiment? Swap drivers between the Red Bull and Aston teams. Could Max be as dominant in the AMR24? Could Stroll actually get a podiumtop 5 if we put him in the fastest car on the grid?

Their car is obviously better than anyone elses for sure. Max is a great driver and all, and Perez is pretty good too. But Jesus. I doubt anyone is thinking the car isn’t a huge factor here.

What would be an interesting experiment? Swap drivers between the Red Bull and Aston teams. Could Max be as dominant in the AMR24? Could Stroll actually get a podiumtop 5 if we put him in the fastest car on the grid?
I was wondering that today, it'd be interesting to see what Alonso could do in a Redbull that is the same as Max's.

Personally, I think Max would be against it..... if they were to swap cars, Alonso would win, IMHO.

The new sprint format allows the teams to modify setup after the Sprint. Merc changed the setup to try to fix some issues and def missed it for QP. Hamilton’s race setup wasn’t that bad though, once he got off the Soft tires.

All the cars seem to look a lot better out front - Hamilton in the Sprint, Norris before the safety car, Max every race. The teams have def unfixed the dirty air problem. This is prob why Checo will never beat Max. He isn’t getting on pole and can’t get around anyone fast enough to favor the car and tires.

Thankfully Shanghai offers many diff lines through corners, which seemed to help the passing a lot.

I had to laugh when that underperformer/punter Stroll complained about the fairness of his penalty for putting Ricciardo out of the race.

I was wondering that today, it'd be interesting to see what Alonso could do in a Redbull that is the same as Max's.

Personally, I think Max would be against it..... if they were to swap cars, Alonso would win, IMHO.

I'm just asking here: do you really and truly believe Redbull intentionally holds back their second driver?

I honestly just thought you were trolling with some Max hate, but you seem to keep tossing around that narrative in a way that seems genuine.

That's a very strange position to hold, and there's no evidence to support it.

Back