• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Animated GIFS (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

Stephan+Martiniere_George+RedHawk.gif

If someone ever wanted to know why cyclists are hated by non cyclists...there it is. I just couldn't ride up the middle of the road with a bunch of people behind me like that. Especially there.

I dunno.

That thing almost looks staged.

The amusing part of the clip is all of the fast cars trapped behind a bicyclist, not BECAUSE of the bicyclist, but because of the CHP smack in the middle of them. I would almost think that the CHP officer would light the bicyclist up, as he's clearly impeding traffic and not yielding.

Maybe it was a militant bicyclist. Maybe the first car never gave him a love tap on the horn. Maybe the bicyclist is actually a CHP officer, running some sinister entrapment campaign. Maybe it's a demonstration of when traffic laws completely overwhelm common sense.

If the CHP weren't there, every single one of those cars would have safely passed that rider and gone on their merry way. Even my wife, as law abiding as they come, would yell at me to go around him if we were there.

But the happenstance of the bike, and all those cars and bikes, plus the bike at the end with his foot down -- he was stopped, I dunno…

Smells staged to me, plus imagine the cheering section he got from the Rock Store that they just passed.

No doubt there's story here…

Does look fishy.

I'm a cyclist, I stay pretty far right. Even when I do need to take up extra space for some reason, I don't go that far left unless I am going past a pretty obvious object on the road. The people I ride with are the same as me.

Though sadly, even yesterday I had someone honking and flipping me off when I was as far right as possible (inches from the edge) in a residential neighborhood.

Back