• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Animated GIFS (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

disco_volante.gif

There appear to be some frames missing :laughing

That it hasn't been done on a large scale seems to indicate there isn't a market for a 2x2 motorcycle.

It's not brand new.

From the Christini website:

1995: AWD Mountain bike concept envisioned and first prototype was tested
1998: AWD concept was further developed and tested showing the feasibility on AWD Mountain Bikes and the potential for AWD Motorcycle
1999: Christini Technologies, Inc. is established, tested, and manufactured based on original prototypes and international patents
2001: CHRISTINI sells the first production AWD Mountain Bike
2001: AWD bicycle technology was licensed to Jeep Bicycles for mass production
2002: First AWD motorcycle was designed , built and tested
2004: First Magazine testing done in California
2007: First consumer CHRISTINI AWD Motorcycle sold
2008: CHRISTINI upgraded KTM motorcycle competed in the inaugural Extreme Enduro Race placing 2ndestablishing the AWD technology as a viable and competitive on the worldwide where to purchase lexapro racing stage
2009: First road tests on CHRISTINI AWD motorcycles conducted – road lap times proven to be faster with CHRISTINI AWD technology than traditional signal wheel drive motorcycles
2010: US Military tests conducted with exceptional results.
2011: US Military adapts the CHRISTINI AWD platform for use in worldwide operations
2011: CHRISTINI races in the inaugural Enduro X at X games 17 with two of the top 20 riders
2011: US Border Patrol adapts the CHRISTINI AWD platform for operations
2011: CHRISTINI launches its branded line of motorcycles for worldwide distribution
2013: CHRISTINI completes it’s first full year of production motorcycles
2015: CHRISTINI receives California Air Resource Board approval for the AWD 450DS motorcycle

i wouldn't want to ride that

If one forgot to deactivate it after the climb then it would be a disaster at the first turn. I think there should be a lever or a button that needs to be hold on to activate it instead of flipping a switch. Or, shifting to the 2nd gear woul automatically deactivate it.

Still, very smart design.

Why wouldn't you want it in a turn?

You don't want both wheels/front wheel forced to turn at the same/fixed rpm, you would lose control immediately. To top that off, I would not want to have to maintain something like that, what a mechanical maintenance nightmare!

Because of the one-way front hub drive, it only drives the front wheel when the rear is slipping and the front is slower than the rear.

The rest of the time, the front is free wheeling.

I bet the front feel would be very different, it maybe better or maybe worse, but I would have to adjust the handling and most likely the suspension settings.

Still don't see what is wrong with running the front wheel. You just have to adjust your riding style. Same with driving 4 and all wheel drive vehicles.

Still don't see what is wrong with running the front wheel. You just have to adjust your riding style. Same with driving 4 and all wheel drive vehicles.

Your balance is not in question on three/four wheels. I don't even know if it would be possible to learn to stay upright on two wheels without a front wheel being free to advance or slow at it's own rate. I have enough trouble the way things are. Let me know how it is if you get a chance to try it.

Your balance is not in question on three/four wheels. I don't even know if it would be possible to learn to stay upright on two wheels without a front wheel being free to advance or slow at it's own rate. I have enough trouble the way things are. Let me know how it is if you get a chance to try it.

I'd love to, but last time I rode a motorcycle was at a 24 hour race last year. Pretty much stick to bicycles these days. A two wheel drive mountain bike would be interesting!

Back