• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF'ing Tour of Pakistan 2025

khan

adifferentagenda.com
Moto(s)
that go up the mountains
Name
Khan
Who will you be riding Pakistan with!?
We have 4 sign ups so far, need a couple more to make this trip actually happen so come ride with us!!

#1 Mean dad
#2 Zanshin
#3 Prymnumber
#4 N4teTheGreat
#5 Butch

EDIT: 2025 Tour Plan and Itinerary

Early Bird Discounts for BARFERS!
First 3 sign-ups $250 off
Next 3 sign-ups $100 off

First come first serve basis!
*Last date to grab EB discount is 31st August 2024!

Hey BARFERS :twofinger

Hope you're all doing well, feels good to be back on BARF posting again :) I've been a BARF member for quite a while now, and let me tell you, BARF has been my rock since my solo ride from San Francisco to Pakistan back in 2011. From planning my route to bouncing back after a rough crash in Romania and completing a 40,000km journey over six months, the BARF community had my back the entire way.

Back in 2013, a group of BARFERS were invited for a motorcycle tour in Pakistan, and that sparked my journey of leading tours in Pakistan for the past 11 years. And guess what? Now we have expanded to three countries! November 2023, ADA kicked off its first Moto Tour to Tanzania, and in March 2024, we ventured into Vietnam for another exciting Moto Tour.

It's been too long since we've ridden together, so I thought it's high time to organise an epic Moto Tour of Pakistan for you BARFERS in 2025.
Picture this: history, culture, delicious food, motorcycles around the breathtaking Karakorum and Himalayan mountains
it's a mix that's bound to change your life. Pakistan is still misunderstood by many, and these tours help us break stereotypes and shed light on the beauty of this country.

Now, let's talk bikes! 
For over a decade, we've been cruising on Honda CB150s, which have been perfect for the conditions in Pakistan. But for the 2025 season, I'm looking into getting my hands on the new CFMOTO 450MT. I'm in talks with CFMOTO Pakistan, and things are looking promising. With a KTM motor and KYB suspension, the 450MT seems like a winner. Any of you tried it out yet? Share your thoughts!

As for the duration, we offer tours ranging from 8 to 21 days. But I get it, taking too much time off work and life isn't easy for everyone, so I'm thinking of a 10 to 12-day plan. Suggestions are more than welcome.

The sooner we plan, the more flexibility we'll have with choosing dates. The riding season runs from mid-April to mid-October.

My favourite time to be in the mountains is May as its low tourism season and you pretty much have the mountains to yourself.

Now, let's talk money. 
The price depends on the accommodations and support we opt for. For BARF, I'm aiming for a mix of luxury and rugged adventure. Around 90% of our stays will have hot showers, internet access, and comfy rooms.

Shared rooms will be cheaper, and single rooms will also be available. I want to keep the tour affordable, especially with inflation hitting us hard, so I’ll offer an early bird discount for BARFERS only. Plus, as usual, 2% of every signup goes to BARF. The price per individual also depends on the number of riders signing up, and payment plans can be arranged to upon request. 

If this sounds like your kind of adventure, I'll whip up a full plan in the next few days and share it with you guys. Let's make this happen!

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Cheers,

Moin khan
:twofinger

Last edited:
:wave Khan!

Good to see the plan. The new model bikes would be awesome. Really hope that works out for you and the others that will dig them.

Many BARFers have had epic adventures on this ride. Hope to see a bunch jump in! :ride

Huh.

Think I might have to see if this is feasible...

What's the ballpark estimate for cost (assuming 10-12 days)?

This is wierd.
I was just thinking about you, Khan....like 2 days ago.
It is so good to see you post.:thumbup

I would love to see a list of BARF Alumni who have toured with you, and of course, their opinions on their journeys

I would love to see a list of BARF Alumni who have toured with you, and of course, their opinions on their journeys

I have. It is truly a once in a lifetime experience (unless you do it twice, of course). Having Moin and crew there as the fixers is invaluable and they will also keep you entertained! You'll see some of the most beautiful landscapes on this Earth, holy cow.

It's been nearly 10 years (!) since I joined Moin. It was definitely challenging but good challenging. Better bikes would be rad. DRZ400SM would be perfect :teeth

I could recreate a good part of that list from my head.
Some of those folks aren't posting here anymore.

I know there are photo threads. mellowtonin did a RIDE REPORT that is awesome. :thumbup

I should capture all of the motophoto from the various barf versions of this for sure. When I have time I will and add to the adventure report thread.

Here are a couple more
2013.. unfortunately a little PHOTOFuckit fluxored. : |
Pakistan Tour 2014 - Tour 2 and a great vid for flavor done by mellowtonin.

[YOUTUBE]ctx7kZmXTDM [/YOUTUBE]

I tried posting some recent pictures from our ride up in the mountains.. I think I've actually forgotten the process.. ill try using the search bar, I remember there was a "how to" thread about that.

Our Story!
[YOUTUBE]d2YqPPVOqNY[/YOUTUBE]

10 minute short film from one of our 2023 Moto Tour!
[YOUTUBE]KRjGJI7LurA[/YOUTUBE]

Huh.

Think I might have to see if this is feasible...

What's the ballpark estimate for cost (assuming 10-12 days)?

12 nights - 13 days - $3500 [EDIT: This price is for the honda cb150s] - (once I have the 450s only then I’ll know upgrade price of that)
This is BARF special so I'm also thinking of putting up an early bird discount for the first few riders.

what does this price include?

This includes everything. Once I pick you up from the airport till I drop you back after the tour ends. No hidden costs, no extra charges.

Things that are included:
Bike rental, fuel, 3 meals a day, accommodation, support vehicle, support vehicle drive/helper, team mechanic, English speaking guide, all Park fees, entry fees for touristy places, Government Taxes/permits, bottled water during riding hours.

Things not included:
Personal shopping, alcohol beverages, extra snacks or drinks, laundry services, personal travel and medical insurance, visa costs, international flights, tips for the crew.

This is a sample tour page: https://adifferentagenda.com/products/13-days-cultural-crusade
This particular tour is a 90% tarmac tour. For the BARF tour, id like to add some off road parts and take you guys to some EPIC places where very few people venture out or simply don't know about these places..

Last edited:
Excellent. I think I want to make this happen.

Can I assume we'd be flying in to Islamabad airport?

I've been to Pakistan with Moin. Twice. Once on his first big organized tour (2012) and again for a three week trip the next year. I also went to Tanzania with him last year.

Honestly I can't say enough about touring with this guy. Hands down you aren't going to find anybody as invested in you having a good time. From making sure things run like clockwork to making sure you don't eat food that'll make you sick: this guy has your back. When he says all included he means it, too.

Moin has been doing this a long time and has invested in all his own equipment. There aren't any middlemen or weird deals. He's on his home turf in Pakistan and is out to get you the best deal. Not just that he's out to get you a real local experience. Food, music, culture the whole thing. This isn't a fancy packaged tourist thing he's going to showcase his home.

I'm considering going back again for a third time, even though I have a bunch of other places I want to go, for the main reason to show my wife. The Himalayas are not to be missed and on a bike are fantastic! If it isn't on your bucket list it should be!

I'd make a longer post but it's a bit late I'll come back to this thread. I live in Felton these days if anybody wants to see a bunch of footage I took and talk about these trips I have Sundays and Mondays off. Nice Sunday ride to the Santa Cruz mountains stop by and chat. I'll reach out to Moin maybe he'll be in the states before the tour will happily host a meet up with former riders and folks considering going. You already know my answer though.... do it if you can!

I'll tell you.... if Moin gets proper off road bikes I'm coming back and insisting we cross the Deosai Plains, go to Shandur and Khunjereb Pass. At the minimum....

I've been to Pakistan with Moin. Twice. Once on his first big organized tour (2012) and again for a three week trip the next year. I also went to Tanzania with him last year.

Honestly I can't say enough about touring with this guy. Hands down you aren't going to find anybody as invested in you having a good time. From making sure things run like clockwork to making sure you don't eat food that'll make you sick: this guy has your back. When he says all included he means it, too.

Moin has been doing this a long time and has invested in all his own equipment. There aren't any middlemen or weird deals. He's on his home turf in Pakistan and is out to get you the best deal. Not just that he's out to get you a real local experience. Food, music, culture the whole thing. This isn't a fancy packaged tourist thing he's going to showcase his home.

I'm considering going back again for a third time, even though I have a bunch of other places I want to go, for the main reason to show my wife. The Himalayas are not to be missed and on a bike are fantastic! If it isn't on your bucket list it should be!

I'd make a longer post but it's a bit late I'll come back to this thread. I live in Felton these days if anybody wants to see a bunch of footage I took and talk about these trips I have Sundays and Mondays off. Nice Sunday ride to the Santa Cruz mountains stop by and chat. I'll reach out to Moin maybe he'll be in the states before the tour will happily host a meet up with former riders and folks considering going. You already know my answer though.... do it if you can!

I'll tell you.... if Moin gets proper off road bikes I'm coming back and insisting we cross the Deosai Plains, go to Shandur and Khunjereb Pass. At the minimum....

You're always too generous with your words, thank you JimE :party

We do things a little different when compared to other tour operators. Real friendships are forged, and that's a reason we have a high number of returning customers on our tours. I'm super proud of that.

JimE i'm working on getting better bikes, interest rates here in PK are at 22-24% so getting a loan from the bank is a death trap. Working on a possible partnership with CFMOTO Pakistan and maybe just maybe, 2025 season will have better bikes *fingers crossed*

I have. It is truly a once in a lifetime experience (unless you do it twice, of course). Having Moin and crew there as the fixers is invaluable and they will also keep you entertained! You'll see some of the most beautiful landscapes on this Earth, holy cow.

It's been nearly 10 years (!) since I joined Moin. It was definitely challenging but good challenging. Better bikes would be rad. DRZ400SM would be perfect :teeth

"Alluvial as f*ck!"

The trip in 2014 (I remember the year as it happened right around my 40th birthday) was AMAZING! I have never stopped thinking about your beautiful country and its amazingly generous people and I think I might be able to make 2025 work. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Maybe Momo-san will join us again! :party
Also, the upgraded bikes sound pretty amazing. The Ravi Piaggio 125s we were on added a certain level of adventure to even the boring parts of the ride. I'll kind of miss having super flexible handlebars and not enough motor to make it up some of the hills. :rofl

I could use more days like this....

Attachments

• BARFDSC00677.jpg
    BARFDSC00677.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1
You meet the nicest people on a Honda :teeth

Attachments

• BARFDSC00496.jpg
    BARFDSC00496.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 1
Crossing the Deosai Plains. Second highest in the world.

Attachments

• BARFDSC00714.jpg
    BARFDSC00714.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 1
Khunjereb Pass. Highest paved international border crossing on the planet. Elevation 15,400 feet. Could barely get the bikes out of 2nd gear the air was so thin. Of course Moin has to pull a wheelie. You know, for safety.

Attachments

• BARFDSC00605.jpg
    BARFDSC00605.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 4
One more for tonight. The Passu Cones in Passu. I'm not sure I could ever get tired of that view.

I have hours of helmet camera footage and maybe a thousand pictures. I've been a lot of places (working mostly) and this spot is worth going back to. Can't say that about some of the planet.

Attachments

• BARFDSC00580.jpg
    BARFDSC00580.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 3
Back