• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BBQ Bake Sale Fundraiser ~ Sat, June 25th 2011 Concord

Here it is :) but my personal chair is still a month or two out.
The video is :rofl but at least it shows the capabilities.

That's sweet! That should keep you moving goodly! Glad we could help make it happen. :thumbup But yeah, that video is a bit odd. :laughing

Just out of curiosity...how much is that chair? Looks like it cost more than a 600cc cbr/gxr/etc.

medical equipment costs a fortune. thank god insurance covers a lot of it. i hope it covers adams. i know my dad's prosthetic leg was 30gees. he only paid 2000 out of pocket for it, and it was the most basic you could get too.

Hey Adam, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family. If you or your family need anything at all, hit me up here or in the mod forum. I'll see you again soon I'm sure. ;)

Thanks Wendy, John, and Gwynne (and everyone else who pitched in in any way)for all your hard work and kindness. :thumbup

Bud, my friend, thanks for keeping BARF what it is, I am proud to work towards achieving your vision. Without you, without our team of mods, and without our membership, BARF would be just another website. :love

+eleventybillion

Wendy, your generosity is staggering sometimes:thumbup

I'm still trying to understand how someone could be so kind, funny and caring.

Just out of curiosity...how much is that chair? Looks like it cost more than a 600cc cbr/gxr/etc.
medical equipment costs a fortune. thank god insurance covers a lot of it. i hope it covers adams. i know my dad's prosthetic leg was 30gees. he only paid 2000 out of pocket for it, and it was the most basic you could get too.

You could fit about four new 600cc bikes in the price. The cost of medical equipment never equals its value. At least the insurance pays for most of it, but this 45+ thousand dollar chair will lose 90% of it's value the instant it comes into my possession. That's the medical system for ya.:thumbdown

+eleventybillion

I'm still trying to understand how someone could be so kind, funny and caring.

You could fit about four new 600cc bikes in the price. The cost of medical equipment never equals its value. At least the insurance pays for most of it, but this 45+ thousand dollar chair will lose 90% of it's value the instant it comes into my possession. That's the medical system for ya.:thumbdown

If this is your first chair I hope it's a used 250........

:teeth

Much of the problem is tort law. There's a very real chance that you (the hypothetical "you," not you, Adam), could sue them and easily get several million dollars because of either an unpreventable manufacturing defect or user error (not to mention the smaller, but still real chance of actual negligence). So THEY have to have exorbitant insurance (the amount that must be awarded goes down drastically when the equipment changes hands, so they are at much less risk for a suit from a second owner, hence the value drop), not to mention all the very expensive regulatory hoops they have to jump through, in multiple jurisdictions (thank god for the EU). Even if they made only 10% profit on each unit, the cost would probably still be astronomical.

Nice ride, though. :thumbup

Last edited:
Shall I just :bump this thread?

You can blame Budman :rofl

Back